• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Dodge 440

Sorry for your loss. Nice addition to your stable. One of my favorite mopars.

Wayne, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you've been thru Hell and back.

Beautiful car and looking forward to updates. What's the history of the car?

What's the history of the car?
I saw it about 3 minutes after it was listed, I bought it about 2 hours later and now I own it. That's about all I've got other than I found a PA inspection sticker in the glove box. Also have most of the build sheet and owners manual.
7704136 (18).jpg

My 62 was painted
I'll check what my 63 was. Guess I don't have pics. Still have some parts.
All of my 64's and 65's, eight in total, were spackle.

DCP_0003.JPG DCP_0069.JPG DCP_0182.JPG 02 (4).JPG

Thanks Mark, what I original thought appears to be correct for '64.

Still trying to find a picture of what @PRND21 was referring to as trunk fillers panels.

Also I'm not saying your truck isn't correct, just stating my experiences. I can't remember what my 63 was. Seems like it was painted too.

Why are you disagreeing with me @RemCharger ?? Mark is the one that stated and shows that he has 8 x '64 and '65's all in OE gray spackle. '62 and possibly '63 painted.

There is more to the story on trunk paints then...
Assembly plants, models, country of origins,, not sure. But my 64s (Canadian cars!) Don't have the schpackle.
I believe Polaras only came with the side boarding. I kept mine, they were in pretty decent shape.
My survivor car came out of the back of a chrysler dealer from the 40s. He even gave me the bill of sale on an original dealer letterhead that had 194x on the date at the top.
(Sorry-side story)

Good info ! Like I originally said I hate the gray spackle anyhow.. I sure won't be spraying over the black. Thanks for the "filler" links Fran, Krammer is $125 + shipping and there on your next link to ebay is Vans selling the same ones for 50 bucks and 50 bucks shipping.. :thumbsup:

64. Polara model, original, Canadian car.
The inspiration for the Jesse James build lol
20211010_092234.jpg
20211010_092310.jpg
20211010_092317.jpg

Good info ! Like I originally said I hate the gray spackle anyhow.. I sure won't be spraying over the black. Thanks for the "filler" links Fran, Krammer is $125 + shipping and there on your next link to ebay is Vans selling the same ones for 50 bucks and 50 bucks shipping.. :thumbsup:
I will get you the pictures of the real side covers... there is much more to them than that. They're huge

Kramer was the first place I looked. Thought you spot Vans. Jim Kramer back in the 80's before internet came to CT. Papa's Dodge swap meets. Nice guy but prices were on high side. I went to those swap meets at 6am to find the good deals. He beat me to a nice deal. But afterward with my limited funds I needed to concentrate on what I needed.

Why are you disagreeing with me @RemCharger ?? Mark is the one that stated and shows that he has 8 x '64 and '65's all in OE gray spackle. '62 and possibly '63 painted.
Sorry dadsbee. I was just disagreeing that the end of the story was they were all spackled. I just enjoy talking about the originality of these cars. :thumbsup:

I just got those pics off the net. They are actually Tee shaped. That is what the top side looks like.
Maybe early 64's were painted???

I scrounged around on the internet,, I do see survivors that look like they had the spackle. It also seems the American cars all had the spare tire mount up on the hump. Canadian cars were mounted on the right ,towards the tail light.
So, all I can say for sure is, Canadian cars didn't have spackle, and likely were the only ones to get the full size trunk side panels..
We need Dave6t4 to chime in

Noticed Kramer lists two trunk cardboard panels bet the $50 one fills the floor to quarter. The $125 finishes the floor to top of quarter.

Auto Transport Service
Back