• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Dodge 440

I wonder how it would be to access them with the headlight/bucket removed?
Solid metal behind the headlights... I can see the nut way up in there and one screw at the front behind the eyebrow.
medallionscrew.jpg

I am sorry that I am late to the discussion. My Windsor-built 1964 Polara has body colored trunk area. I ordered the large trunk cardboards from Classic Industries. These were on Polara's and Fury's.
Although not possibly correct on lower models, they will fit and clean up the area, especially if you want to hide body work of welding in lower rear quarters.
P2070030.JPG P2070032.JPG P2070031.JPG

Thanks Dave. I figured you'd have it all nice in there. :thumbsup:

Spare radio bezel.. score
View attachment 1180283
Three spare headlight surrounds, two beat up headlight eyebrows and four original hub caps.
View attachment 1180284
New roof rail seals (top of window to roof) ordered and paid for by the guy I bought the car from. Better his $155 than mine
View attachment 1180286
Fender nose medallions have seen better days.
View attachment 1180287
Passenger side is a bit better, but you still can't really see it. PITA to try and get the retainer nut as well. Gonna need someones skinny arm and a 7/16 deep socket. Might be able to get them with 2' of extensions.
View attachment 1180288
What they're supposed to look like. Ordered, $175US for the pair. Down to a few sets left from the supplier and Jim figures they'll never be reproduced again!
View attachment 1180289
Reverse lights don't work, may as well get rid of 57 years of road dust.
View attachment 1180290
Both cleaned up like they're brand new.
View attachment 1180291
Two out of 4 tail light lenses are crazed/cracked. Four new ones on order for $150US.
View attachment 1180292
Amazing this thing even has the correct 1964 radiator in it.
View attachment 1180293
Regarding the picture of the front spring hanger, this is a Mopar Performance piece to mount Super Stock springs in 1966-1970 B-bodies. The front segment length of S/S spring is 20", while the front segment length of a stock "66 and up spring is 22". This adapter has the spring eye holes 2" farther back to mount the shorter S/S springs. However, 1962-1965 springs have a 21" front segment. To mount S/S springs in the earlier cars, you have to use this adapter, and drill new eye holes 1" back from holes in the adapter.
On the subject of the front fender ornament, I think there was some thought of lighting it, as the fender has a hole under this that looks like it could have held a light socket.

On the subject of the front fender ornament, I think there was some thought of lighting it, as the fender has a hole under this that looks like it could have held a light socket.
I may just do that... if I can get them off the fender....

Factory undercoating is so thick I thought the front wheel splash shields were part of the fender. Can't see the bolt heads... and not going to try to remove it just to get those fender scripts.
1964dodge440cleanup 069.JPG

Managed to get my arm WAY up there with a 1/4" drive ratchet and a 3/8 socket to get the fender emblem nut off the drivers side. You can see the light shining through the hole.
1964dodge440cleanup 065.JPG

Original seal is a bit cracked up, but new ones will fix that soon. There is NO hole for a light socket...
1964dodge440cleanup 059.JPG

A quick polish to see how it will come out. A few scratches to try and fill before I get serious.
1964dodge440cleanup 061.JPG

Drivers side headlight eyebrow and the fender emblem and it's housing.
1964dodge440cleanup 064.JPG

Need to do something to stop the tire rub in the rear wheel wells temporarily, until I build a narrower sure grip assembly. Hopefully picking up an 1 3/8" narrower '66 axle housing and axles on Monday. For now I cleaned up the air shocks that I took off the Dart last Fall.
1964dodge440cleanup 075.JPG

Regular Monroe shocks coming off, air shocks going on.
1964dodge440cleanup 078.JPG

Always find the rear axles will sink lower than the shocks will extend and why the axle support post. Just gotta be careful how much load you take off the hoist arms! I actually had to put the car on the floor to get the air shocks on.
1964dodge440cleanup 083.JPG

Like I said temporary, so we can drive it a few more times before Winter without wrecking the tire sidewalls.
1964dodge440cleanup 095.JPG

Air shocks all hooked up for temporary use. I swear this thing was used for beach racing, there's so much sand under it.
1964dodge440cleanup 100.JPG

Last edited:
Aired up to about 25 psi to start, we'll see how that works. I'll note that the '64 upper shock mounts are a lot better for this than '68/'69/'70's!
1964dodge440cleanup 102.JPG

Was told the cross ram intake was an aftermarket unit, but now I'm not so sure. Correct chrysler part # cast in, not that that means anything in todays "cheating" world, but it has me wondering..
1964dodge440cleanup 094.JPG

April 29 1963 date stamp in the casting..
1964dodge440cleanup 089.JPG

200 SC.. anyone know how to tell the real deal??
1964dodge440cleanup 092.JPG

Wayne,
Although I've been receiving the updates on the car through YT videos (and if you'd turn on commenting,
I'd have slathered the car with praise on there by now), I've just this evening stumbled upon this thread.
My apologies for my tardiness - threads get lost on this site, always have, least for me - a weakness of
the format being used.
Now that I've read through everything, all I can add is my own heartfelt condolences on the loss of your
sister. Prayers for all of you in the family. :praying:

The A&A manifolds that I’ve seen doesn’t have the Chrysler casting numbers.
In my searching I found posts from 2005/2006 that stated A&A was licensed by Chrysler and they were putting the casting# and you could even pick a date "stamp". OE or repro I think we did well at what she paid for the entire assembly, right down to the trans kick down rod.

Auto Transport Service
Back