• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Dodge Models and Options.

La-Motor68

Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
Trying to compile all the options on the 1964 Dodge...Any help is appreciated and please correct me if I'm wrong.

1964 Dodge 330 was available in a 2 and 4 door and only in a sedan or wagon. Only available in a 2/4 door sedan (No hardtop). Most had two tail lights but a third reverse light was an option. Only available with a front bench seat and Could be had in a 225 slant six, 318 Poly, 383 2Brl, 383 4brl, 426 Street Wedge, 426 Max Wedge, 426 Hemi (Mid Year) with push button auto or 4 spd manual trans.

1964 Dodge 440 was available in a 2 door, 4 door or wagon and could be ordered in either a 2/4 door sedan or 2 door hardtop with the above engine/trans options. Only available with a front bench seat and most had only two tail lights but a third reverse light was an option.

1964 Dodge Polara was available in a 2 or 4 door or convertible and no wagon was available. The 2 door was only available in either a hardtop or convertible. All had bucket seats with a center console and three tail lights were standard. All were available with above engine/trans options.

Please add any and all info as you know it...Thanks

Polara had bench seats.
Polara 500 had bucket seats, and a console.

The data and color and trim books are posted in the library at Hamtramck Historical

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library-3.shtml
Thanks for the info...I have a 440 Hardtop. I've seen quite a few 330 Sedans but never see any 440 Sedans. I assume they were produced in much lower numbers than the 330. Also according to the above info, the street hemi wasn't available until the 66 model year?

Last edited:
Trying to compile all the options on the 1964 Dodge...Any help is appreciated and please correct me if I'm wrong.

1964 Dodge 330 was available in a 2 and 4 door and only in a sedan or wagon. Only available in a 2/4 door sedan (No hardtop). Most had two tail lights but a third reverse light was an option. Only available with a front bench seat and Could be had in a 225 slant six, 318 Poly, 383 2Brl, 383 4brl, 426 Street Wedge, 426 Max Wedge, 426 Hemi (Mid Year) with push button auto or 4 spd manual trans.

1964 Dodge 440 was available in a 2 door, 4 door or wagon and could be ordered in either a 2/4 door sedan or 2 door hardtop with the above engine/trans options. Only available with a front bench seat and most had only two tail lights but a third reverse light was an option.

1964 Dodge Polara was available in a 2 or 4 door or convertible and no wagon was available. The 2 door was only available in either a hardtop or convertible. All had bucket seats with a center console and three tail lights were standard. All were available with above engine/trans options.

Please add any and all info as you know it...Thanks

The 225 and 318 would have been offered with a 3/spd Manual as well .

426 street wedge and 426 max wedge was available in the '64 Polara and 500.
55 or so 330 Race Hemi sedans were built.
35 Hemi 440 hardtops were also built.

Looks like you have your work cut out for you..Glad to see you're willing to tackle that project and not let it continue to rot away. My understanding is that the 440 also came in a 2 door sedan...I've never seen one in person..but I'm told they exist...
Here my 440 Hardtop
mfBdMiXh.jpg

5OTWdVmh.jpg

Last edited:
Nice the color is that the anniversary gold

Looks like you have your work cut out for you..Glad to see you're willing to tackle that project and not let it continue to rot away. My understanding is that the 440 also came in a 2 door sedan...I've never seen one in person..but I'm told they exist...
Here my 440 Hardtop
View attachment 576422
View attachment 576423
yeah. the back story on it is one of abandonment. the body style grew and grew on me over the years and every time I talked to my buddy about it, itd come up. It's gonna be a roadkill type project, make it safe and cruise it. It'll get restored eventually but for now, I'm just gonna enjoy driving it.

That is color mine is suppose to be. But someone painted mine white with a red stripe. Changing back to that color my interior has to be repainted also.

My first one i had some 40 years ago was the 500 model with the 383 4 speed i loved that car

LAMotor-68,

I have a dealer sheet showing all options available for 64 Dodges. Interesting reading. Has all option codes and pricing from back in the day.

PM me if interested.

Auto Transport Service
Back