• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 fury

Welcome to FBBO. I moved your thread to the Brakes Steering and Suspension forum.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. I have converted my '64 Polara to front disc brakes. I don't think the single diaphragm Midland Ross booster is a good choice for your disc brake conversion. Mopar usually used a dual diaphragm Bendix booster with their disc brake installations. These are now reproduced and available from many sources. These boosters take a 4-bolt master cylinder. Because I used 1970 disc brake stuff for my conversion, I also used a 1970 b-body master cylinder. Make sure you specify use with disc brakes, because drum brake m/c is different. You will also need some kind of proportioning valve. I used a combo valve from 5th Ave./Diplomat, but these valves are also reproduced, and available from Inline Tube.

Just a thought here. I agree with Dave’s comment but also note that there are several members on here who have discs with no booster at all and seem to like it. You could use the midland ross booster and upgrade just the booster later if it is too hard to push. If you do it just expect a harder pedal. I have the dual booster in my car but have eyed the midland ross booster if only because it looks more stock. Tell us what you do.

I know that Chrysler produced a lot of A-bodies with disc brakes and no booster, but these cars were a lot lighter than the B-bodies we are trying to get stopped. A buddy of mine bought a very early 1968 Road Runner in the fall of 1967. It was a basic car with 383/automatic. I remember that it had front disc brakes, but no booster. I have never seen another B-body with front discs without a booster. He let me drive the car, and I remember not liking the numb feeling of the brakes. It stopped OK, but took more pedal pressure than I was used to.

Auto Transport Service
Back