• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 coronet console need info

Rebelrouser

Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
I need some expert knowledge, what year consoles will fit a 1965 dodge Coronet? I see some 66 and newer consoles, but 1965 seems to be really scarce. Did most of the Coronet 500's come with a console? Any info on the subject welcome.

I need some expert knowledge, what year consoles will fit a 1965 dodge Coronet? I see some 66 and newer consoles, but 1965 seems to be really scarce. Did most of the Coronet 500's come with a console? Any info on the subject welcome.
I think 64 Plymouth and Dodge B bodies are the same, not sure.

like the above post, i think the 64's are the same. i think that is what the 1 in my 65 wagon came from. a 64 sport fury.

My experience has been 64 and 65 are close but the courtesy lights are different with the 64 being smaller than the 65 and up. 65 C body consoles are close too, but the top plate is smooth (think it is supposed to be woodgrain) and doesn't have the ribs like a B body. But you can swap those over. Depends on how correct you want to be or if you just want something to fit. Sorry for the junky pictures but this is what I could easily find at o' dark thirty.

64 Console 1.jpg
64 Console 2.jpg

1964 Sport Fury, Polara 500 1965 Satellite, Coronet 500 consoles are interchangeable.

Never knew that on the 64 lights being smaller.

Anyone have a 4-speed top plate? I'll just cut mine and make the auto shift bump a cup holder if I have to.

Auto Transport Service
Back