• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Dodge Coronet vacuum line diagram

Hammer108

Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a publication or diagram for the vacuum lines on a 65 Dodge Coronet, 440 w/ 318 auto trans, manual brakes, power steering....?
I have a line, believed to control the heat/defrost functions, hanging out of the firewall and into the engine bay. It is not plugged. I do have a by-pass for the heater as the unit leaks (anti-freeze) into the passenger compartment, just above the gas pedal. I need to have the heater rebuilt, but want to figure out the vacuum lines as well. Thanks for any input. - Henry

I always just mark the lines as I take them off the heater vacuum actuators . You need to take 4 lines off

The heater valve can be removed without removing the heater box. If your valve is leaking ,it is rebuildable.

I have a disconnected line in the engine bay. Not sure where it goes.

Just need a diagram to make sure it’s connected correctly.

pretty sure it's the intake manifold vacuum line that activates the heater box controls. if so then just find a manifold vacuum source and plug it in. there should be some kind of nipple at the back of the intake manifold.

Ok, I have to look at the back of the manifold. I also want to add power brakes, so just want an idea where to plug things in.
Thanks

there is a fitting that has both a fitting for the heater line and the vacuum line for the power brakes. screws into the intake manifold like Hammer108 stated.

Auto Transport Service
Back