• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Belvedere 1 Hemi, ***NOT MINE**

On mine, I kept the wheels that the original owner put on it back in the day.

1704147240457.jpeg

1704147342203.jpeg

Last edited:
my apologies to all . i intended this post to start in the mopar s for sale thread . in fact i thought that’s where i sent it from the start . if a moderator would assist i would appreciate they move this to the proper forum . thank you all for chiming in with all your comments. i can/will delete this post and move to its proper forum if a moderator can’t … i’m am new on fbbo and we’re still getting used to each other….

You DID put it in the For Sale section and because you stated "NOT YOURS" a Mod moved it to the General Forum for comments, like all others before this.

Since this is in the general section, I'll comment by saying that the car is very nice, but the 66 & 67 cars aren't 150 large worth of nice.
Had the same thoughts....
Hagerty's evaluation my say differently for a #1 car. Last time I checked it showed $197K Cdn for a Hemi Sat.
How much of a difference is a Sat vs a Belvedere I as far as prices go? The Satellite is the top of the line Belvedere while the 'I' is the bottom of the line Belvedere. And I sure wish my Bel I was as nice as that!

i have read and re read the posting rules in mopar for sale and it’s says nothing about the “ not mine “ moving of posts to general discussion…. …
Don't think it's a written rule but it's a 'general' knowledge that 'not mine' cars for sale go into the General Forum. I'm not the one that moved it here but can see why another mod may have done it. The big plus is everyone can comment on it, right? :D It was nice to see it for sure since I have a 66 Belvedere I 2dr post and have had it since 1988. And it's a nice car for sure and if I had the spare change, I'd be interested in dealing on it.

Had the same thoughts....

How much of a difference is a Sat vs a Belvedere I as far as prices go? The Satellite is the top of the line Belvedere while the 'I' is the bottom of the line Belvedere. And I sure wish my Bel I was as nice as that!

Don't think it's a written rule but it's a 'general' knowledge that 'not mine' cars for sale go into the General Forum. I'm not the one that moved it here but can see why another mod may have done it. The big plus is everyone can comment on it, right? :D It was nice to see it for sure since I have a 66 Belvedere I 2dr post and have had it since 1988. And it's a nice car for sure and if I had the spare change, I'd be interested in dealing on it.

I think Bel I’s would be the same or more. Only post/sedan 66-67 Hemi cars. Rarer than Bel II, Satellite, or GTX. 67 Bel I are really rare.

This red car for sale being a heater and radio delete Bel I is pinnacle of sleeper. Only trumped desirability wise by a similar optioned 4spd Bel I. But some would say the column auto is more sleeper.

That said, I don’t think heater and radio delete trumps a 4spd.

IMHO, this red Bel I isn’t for your average Hemi buyer. Niche person. Typical buyers would be into Super Stock cars, Max Wedge and Hemi S/S. But when you only need one buyer for an expensive very rare item…nothing ends up typical.

Last edited:
that car appears to be awesome....... values are speculative ....... what would insurance pay out in the event of a disaster? :popcorn2:

I personally like the post cars, but some don't. The blue car that I posted has been for sale since the summer & that may or may not say something about the desirability. I personally think the asking price on that car is more realistic.

1966 Hemi Satellite 4 speed Convertible at Mecum Kissimmee around 2019. Another 2017
mecum2019-3.JPG
Mecum 2017 kissimmee.JPG

Not to mention these are 3 years old sales
Around 2021 a 67 GTX Hemi convertible under 100k no sale. Same auction a 67 Coronet R/T Hemi Convertible bid to 75k no sale, it was unrestored driver.

Fran. No disrespect.
But 3 year old sales or no sales is kinda moot point in today's market.

I know of a 67 gtx vert. Hemi 4spd where an offer was made of above 300k And turned down btw. So in a lot of cases it just takes the right buyer and all bets are off as to value

The yellow gtx vert currently on ebay is 350k and imo will not pull asking. Simply because it's wrong color and auto.

I know who bought the red 66 hemi satellite vert in your picture.
He still owns it and has turned down nearly double that for it to resell.

It sits in a room with some VERY good company of cars. Sadly none hardly ever see daylight .

I'll add and using my own car .

Back in Jan I was offered 125k and believe it to be a real deal offer.
About the same time I also received an offer of 150k but deep down feel that guy was fishing. Both were turned down flat. My car is not for sale.

So I honestly feel real world value is out the window if the right buyer is looking .

One of our forum members is keeping a registry of these cars. I wonder if this one is on it?

Auto Transport Service
Back