• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Belvedere II suspension is complete for now

66belveder

Local time
11:06 AM
Reaction score
Everything is new from the front of car to the rear, just finished hanging new SS springs in the rear, all new front-end rebuild from L/C stiffing plates to frame connector's, went way over budget , Now to final everything I'm going to replace the power steering to Manual set-up , this is my first Mopar and I love it but the power steering on this car is just to""EASY""is that word I want to use????

+1 on way over budget. I find myself doing that alot. Then my wife finds me doing that so it's double trouble. Congrats on getting the suspension done. I refurbed most of mine last year. New ball joints, tie rods, shocks, bushings, steering box, and idler arm. I kept the factory control arms and leafs for now.

I have a 66 Satellite with power steering and it was way over assisted. I just put a Stage II power steering box from Firm Feel and it drives great now. You might look at the price either way and see if that might work for you. To go manual you will need a box and a steering column shaft or an adapter.

Just completed my suspension as well on my 69 RR. My car is manual steering and I have been wanting to convert to Power... I would seriously suggest looking Firm Feel Stage II as 66blvee mentioned.. while manual steering gives great feedback at the wheel, it is a B*tch to drive in parking lots, especially with big tires up front.

Unless you are going for autocross, I would try to make the power steering better, rather than converting to manual.. there are a ton of threads here that can help you with making what you got work better for you.

My first car was a 66 Belvedere and I replace the original wheel with the smallest diameter wheel I could find. I could steer and actually hit the horn button with the same hand! The car became really fun to drive just from that one change but I also liked to do donuts etc :D

Auto Transport Service
Back