• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1966 Belvedere trunk lid needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the one I got! LOL
DSC00698.JPG
DSC00699.JPG
DSC00700.JPG
DSC00703.JPG
DSC00701.JPG

really looks worse in the pics allot of old mold on it. PA the home of trunk lids!

really looks worse in the pics allot of old mold on it. PA the home of trunk lids!
Pretty rough but sure not the worst I've seen.
You DO have to admit that it's pretty weird that three of you from the same state responded. We don't seem to have three 66 Belvederes in the whole state of Alabama!

Here is a pic of my 66, and does have a 67 trunk lid installed. As a previous member posted, the trim is different on the 66 vs. 67, so you can see I kept the 67 trim on mine. Some people don't even notice it. But if you are restoring yours to a PURE 66, then the 67 trim would not be inline with your thinking.
66 Belvedere II.JPG

Here is a pic of my 66, and does have a 67 trunk lid installed. As a previous member posted, the trim is different on the 66 vs. 67, so you can see I kept the 67 trim on mine. Some people don't even notice it. But if you are restoring yours to a PURE 66, then the 67 trim would not be inline with your thinking.
View attachment 346070
Wow! Sweet! Send me some more pics please....

Looks good. If you would figure out what it would cost to send it to 36572 and let me know.
Thanks a lot!

Fred

Here's another tip-

Those reverse light lenses crack real bad and repros are kinda pricey.

They have horizontal ribs, but they're covered by so much of the trim panel that you can barely see them.

For about $6, you can get clear plastic at Lowes, and make your own.

If they're too clear for your liking, you can scribe the lines in and/or scuff them up on the inside.

If you need lensed the ones in the lid I have are ok, crazed but will fill the hole.

Here's another tip-

Those reverse light lenses crack real bad and repros are kinda pricey.

They have horizontal ribs, but they're covered by so much of the trim panel that you can barely see them.

For about $6, you can get clear plastic at Lowes, and make your own.

If they're too clear for your liking, you can scribe the lines in and/or scuff them up on the inside.
Great idea! It's been so long since I've seen mine I can't remember for sure but I think they are in pretty rough shape. Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back