• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Charger tail light lenses

Maxrat

Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
I'm in need of new tail lights lenses and understand that some reproductions are cheap cheap. Does anyone know of a good quality repro? My original left and center lenses are in great shape, but the passenger side lens has seen better days.

that is good deal the letters are plastic in the repos i have seen lenses are not to bad . i paid 125 for a used original with scratches and a couple cracks

I'm still looking for a either a new set of tail light lens (the ones with metal letters) or and original drivers side lens (in great shape). Any leads?

Classic had them a few weeks ago if I'm not mistaken.
Showing coming soon now.
Has anyone ordered them and where they passable?

Has anyone here bought reproduction tail light lenses? Has anyone seen or know of a really good quality reproduction/

I have a set of repops from 2 years ago there still in the bubble wrap. Ill check them tonight. I bought them incase the ones in the car ever get damaged. So far so good.

I just installed a set from the west coast.
They are nice with only one caveat.
The ends were a couple of"thousands" too large to seat in "original" bezels.
Since my chrome was not in the best of shape I had no problem with relieving the inner metal radius with a Dremel tool.
It fit fine then.
I don't know if the repo metal would be different or yours may fit OK.
In this dimension only in this place.
I preferred to sacrifice metal rather then new plastic and would order them again in a heartbeat.

20190118_164150.jpg

20190118_164233.jpg

Since my chrome was not in the best of shape I had no problem with relieving the inner metal radius with a Dremel tool.
It fit fine then.
I preferred to sacrifice metal rather then new plastic and would order them again in a heartbeat.

View attachment 717953

View attachment 717954

Who did you get them from?

It fit fine then.

View attachment 717953

View attachment 717954

I don't like the idea to grind my nice original bezel... :screwy:

Last edited:
Would not go in.
Forcing it did not seem a good idea.
Where I relieved it does not even show.
It may fit yours.
The next one may even be different.
The dash repo pads for these cars have variations that I have found.
I made one work.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/new-dash-pad-doesnt-fit.87025/
It is what it is.
You need a lens?
But I had to give that disclaimer since if I recommend it and there was an issue ......

Last edited:
Anyone interested in a driver quality taillight? Lenses, housing and ok chrome bezels.

I know this post is a few weeks old but my experience with the repop lenses was very good
I had no issues with the lenses
They fit and look great
I bought an entire housing and these lenses were in it (My lucky day!)
My only issue is with one of my re-chromed pieces and I will eventually replace it

IMG_20181028_122328553.jpg

I called Classic Industries - they didn't have any of the lenses. They suggested Herb's Parts. I bought them from Herbs and they are really nice. They even include the numbers like the originals on the outside. Very pleased. Note: these are the acrylic with metal letters vs. the cheaper resin plastic with plastic letter.

I called Classic Industries - they didn't have any of the lenses. They suggested Herb's Parts. I bought them from Herbs and they are really nice. They even include the numbers like the originals on the outside. Very pleased. Note: these are the acrylic with metal letters vs. the cheaper resin plastic with plastic letter.

Good to hear they have metal letters. I thought they were all plastic.

I got mine from classic industries with metal lettering. No issues except the middle R was slightly crooked but I only noticed because I’m picky AF! Good quality, I do believe the get theirs from PG.

It fit fine then.

View attachment 717953

View attachment 717954

I just went to install the new lenses from Classic (really nice pieces) and found the same problems you found -- the only difference -- my chrome end pieces are repros. while yours were originals. So, the same problem. Now I'm in a dilemma -- do I shave the new plastic lenses or to I grind out some of the new chrome. Dang it.

Yes, they are so nice one would think they came Chrysler.
But I had to put the disclaimer in because I saw a potential issue.

I feel sure that all the sellers are simply middle men on these parts.
No telling who actually makes them.
I am loath to say anything negative about the vendors for that reason.
I'm happy to get most anything.

I just went through getting a repo dash pad to fit.
Known issue.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/new-dash-pad-doesnt-fit.87025/
"Restoring" mine wasn't going work for me.
Money, a very, very long wait and it appears that the restoration process consist of simply repairing the under foam,.recovering and dyeing the vinyl.
I preferred un-dyed vinyl..
The outer studs should be 53 inches apart.
The first one I received was 52.
The second one was 52 1/2.
I was able to heat the ends up and spread it enough to get it in the holes.
I think what is happening with the dash pads is the metal frame is correct and when the vinyl shrinks on the assembly it pulls the studs inward.
Just a guess.

I think the time is coming when 3D printing will make it much easier to get parts.
There will be a day when something like "Quickie 3D Print" will be on the corner and someone can walk in and get a copy made at a reasonable rate.
Direct scan and print is already happening for Leno.
Even monel.

Auto Transport Service
Back