• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Coronet Hemi driveshaft question.

Hemi2Much

Local time
3:31 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone verify the part # on a 1966 Dodge Coronet Hemi driveshaft?
From what I can find, the part # is 2781953 is this correct?
3" Dia / 51.40" length
Is there a difference between the Hemi driveshaft and any other Big block Dodge B Body driveshaft?
I have found 4 different driveshafts when I was trying to gather all of the parts up for the car and not sure which one is correct.
Thanks,Jkent

From my '67 Plymouth service manual. Don't know if this will be of help. Difference in length between 727 and 4spd.

IMG_0438.jpg

The 4spd is for 9 3/4 rear end and the Auto is for a 8 3/4 rear. Correct?
Mine is a 727 Auto and 8 3/4 rear.

The 4spd is for 9 3/4 rear end and the Auto is for a 8 3/4 rear. Correct?
Mine is a 727 Auto and 8 3/4 rear.

Looks to me like if you had a 4spd Plymouth in '67, the 440 & Hemi had different drive shafts by length. If it was a 727, looks like they had the same one (also matches length of 440 4spd). But no part #'s are listed to be 100%. I'm sure others will chime in with more detail.

The 66 parts book is confusing with regard to the 953 shaft. I believe the part number for a Hemi coronet with an 8 3/4 is 2781954, which is 52.03 inches long, and 3" diameter.

Did you consider having one made ? You can have it done to the specs needed to match your build...

Looked in parts book downloaded from mymopar the part number there was a super seceded number. Had an * next to the part number. If someone has an earlier parts book they should look in Axle section 3-32-0.

drive.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back