• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1966 Dodge Charger BB Bright Red Survivor 6.5k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowtrooper1966

Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
+++++SOLD+++++

Greetings, all.
Sad day.
Medical bills for Tiberius's many hospital stays getting the best of us, need to sell the Charger.
Most here should recall me from about a year and a half ago.
Car located in Southern Cal, North San Diego County

side.JPGView attachment 258249View attachment 258250interiorf.JPG

Have it for sale locally for 7k, but will take 6.5k here.

This car is an extremely original rust free southern California BB example.
Has all original running gear, but was upgraded to vintage MoPar (1968 IIRC) 4bbl carb and mani by P/O.

EL dash and headlamps were not fully functional when I bought her, but did get both systems working.

Have her on local Craigslist, so will copy/paste body of ad here:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/5037004521.html

"Greetings!
ZERO RUST
Super straight original big block, running gear and paint.
Fender tag and vin decoded
Born April 1st, 1966 @ Lynch Road plant
361 265hp V8 w/Torqueflight 727 console shift
Originally had 2bbl carb, was replaced by previous owner w/ 1968 MoPar 383 intake and carb
8-3/4 non-posi diff
High Rise cast exhaust manifolds
Dual exhaust
All original equipment and trim intact, missing only one Pentastar emblem forward passenger door rocker.
Car is extremely original and unmolested, even has original paint inspection stamp in engine bay.
Fragment of build sheet.

Garage kept past 18 months.

Did have trailer hitch (since removed) and socket wired in for trailer lights on rear trunk valance.

Purchased car 1.5 years ago, had been sitting in storage for 15, and owned by same family for 29.

Replaced gas tank, front windshield, all ignition components and alternator.
New rear drums and seals.
Tires have 90% tread left.
Removed heads and had them professionally machined.
Carb completely rebuilt.

Milage unknown, as odometer has been serviced in the past.

Needs exhaust
Seats need recoverd
Power steering pump main seal leaks

2 very unique features of these 1st gen Chargers, the rotating headlamp buckets and the EL (electroluminescent dash) were not functioning when purchased.

Traced EL lighting problem to bad headlamp switch. Replaced and worked great.

One headlamp bucket was getting hung up on loose bucket motor mount. Repaired and both rotated as designed.

Was daily driver for 1st year, then had issue with main power lead from firewall engine connector to Ammeter, a known issue w/ early MoPar's. When that happened, battery stopped charging, EL dash went out and headlamp operation started having issues.
All those system's mechanical components are fine, and I believe they will function properly again once dash wiring is sorted out. MAY need one of the three necessary headlamp control relays. Sets of the three still available for about 90 bucks.
All other exterior (including headlamps themselves) and interior lighting still functioning normally.

Will fire right up, just not holding charge.

Won't take much to get this car back on the road where she deserves to be, just needs someone with MoPar experience.
Have the FSM and Charger supplement manuals on PDF, half the FSM is printed and all the supplement.

Have a good amount of original documentation, the earliest being the bill of sale in November 1966 to the 2nd owner.

Title is free and clear, but registration is 18 months out.

Also is an excellent candidate for full restoration, as there is no rust and is an numbers matching big block

Give me a call and come check her out, no surprises."

Last edited:
00g0g_ghZFiFCrlcK_600x450.jpg00j0j_bfNIwB72u3D_600x450.jpg00T0T_5djZQpuzjRJ_600x450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1st guy to look, a representative for a buyer in Germany, purchased Charger today.
Did not get my ask, but what I needed....6k

Buyer said was going to restore interior and running gear, but leave patina

Truck will be here next week to pick her up.

Sorry to hear about your child's medical problems and sorry to see the Charger go, it was nice meeting you and hanging out a couple times. Glad you got what you needed for it to help things out though. If your kids ever want to cruise around in another old B body, just say the word and we can go cruising to Cruisin' Grand or something in my Satellite. Take care, Jon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back