• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Hand Me Down Charger

Got the passenger frame and inner tacked in and also installed the k member to make sure it is in the right place. Pics soon.

Took a ride to meet GPULLER and picked up a drivers fender to use as a patch panel. We had a great visit and cant wait to talk with him again. He has a few more parts I will need soon. He also has a great charger!

Also a question. If you use a body discs do you also use the a body upper a arm?

Hey Minnesota Man - things look they're going well. Glad to see you're making progress. Like The Hawk says take your time and do it right. You definitely have a great classic there and we can wait a bit to see her done right.

I'm heading to Minneapolis in a week for one of my multi-times annual fishing trips and picking up, my GTX from the guy who's been doing the restoration on it. It's been a 5 year project and can't wait to get her back and ship her out to CA. Rather keep her in MN and move back up,there but the wife is adamant about living in CA.

Good luck and keep on keepin on......!

Are you having it done in St. Cloud? I know a guy there that is doing one for someone and is very secretive of whose it is. I LIVE FOR FISHING! How long you staying?

Taking my time. I want it to last for generations. Bagging and tagging everything I take off and taking lots of pics so I dont forget anything.

I do this for a living. Got away from the actual bodywork. But will do this one myself. I have an automotive fabrication shop and specialize in mopar and AMC. Do alot of street rods and pro street cars also. Minnesota is making it harder and harder every year with taxes, regulations, fees (taxes) and zoning laws. So my shop will most likely close at end of this year and I will concentrate on the family farm. Sucks because I really enjoy the hobby a ton and the relationships made along the way.

Great to meet you too! I think we could have talked for a few more hours that's for sure. Would like to come up and tour your inventory some time.
Thanks for the compliment on the Charger, its nothing special but sure it fun to drive.

If you use A-body spindles you can use the B-body upper control arm.

Congrats on the Charger. I also have a hand me down car that I hope to start working on real soon. Mine is a '67 GTX that was also my father in laws car. It is in about the same condition, and he left the engine to it out in the weather as well, currently the car has a 426 wedge in it now.
Good luck with yours and I will check in from time to time and see how yours is going.

Congrats on the Charger. I also have a hand me down car that I hope to start working on real soon. Mine is a '67 GTX that was also my father in laws car. It is in about the same condition, and he left the engine to it out in the weather as well, currently the car has a 426 wedge in it now.
Good luck with yours and I will check in from time to time and see how yours is going.

Its great to bring something back to life after it has sat idle for years. But feels even better when its been part of a family. They are alot of work but well worth the effort. Good luck with your GTX!

Well back on my feet again. I hope this last round will be the last. Sick of being sick. Happy thanksgiving to all! Hope everyone had a great holiday. Starting on the charger again this week and will be adding more pics as I go. Finally got it on the rotiserie and made a new back panel where the bumper mounts to out of 3/16 flat stock. Nice and strong! Fabbed up new rear rails and reinforced the with 1.5"x3"x1/8 rectangular tubing.

Good to hear you're back at it again! Looking forward to progress pics.

Sorry for the late update guys. Been kinda busy around here. I made a trip down to meet GPULLER and his brother on saturday to pick up a 1967 coronet 4 door for parts. Great bunch of guys! Great deal on parts and car too! Finaly got the car in the shop and tore down. Car is in great shape and I will be using a ton of of it on my charger. Had to remove a few things to make it easier to get it apart. List of things Ill be using off it....

Core suport
rocker panels
passenger fender
hood
ignition switch
door locks and front handles
whole floor pan
trunk pan
Rest up for grabs cheap. Ill post an add or PM me for first in line if you need anything. Started drilling out the floor spot welds tonight. Hope to have it all out by saturday. Here are a few pics. charger restoration 699.jpgcharger restoration 700.jpgcharger restoration 701.jpgcharger restoration 702.jpgcharger restoration 702.jpgcharger restoration 703.jpgcharger restoration 704.jpgcharger restoration 705.jpgcharger restoration 706.jpgcharger restoration 707.jpgcharger restoration 708.jpgcharger restoration 709.jpgcharger restoration 712.jpgcharger restoration 713.jpg

Aint pissin' around!
Always wanted a convert 4 door. LOL
Looks good keep it up.

LOL! Ya gonna be rolling on 24's next. We be cruisin in style! Floor almost out. Next comes the trunk pan. Get pics on here tomorow.

Well coronet getting a bit lighter everyday. Goal for tomorow is removing the core support, seat brackets, and outer rockers. Then on the trailer to my parts stash to sell parts off of. This week I hope to sandblast all the removed parts and get them sealed. They need some small repairs but shouldnt take much time. charger restoration 714.jpgcharger restoration 716.jpgcharger restoration 717.jpgcharger restoration 718.jpgcharger restoration 721.jpgcharger restoration 722.jpg

Looks like it was pretty solid from the pics. Glad to see it live on in a real car. LOL

Yep! Still needs some repairs but alot more solid than even I expected. Actually the front rails and front inner fenders are awsome. Much better than the ones I already welded in mine. Cowl is nice too. I hope I find someone that can use these parts. Save another one!

I only had planned on using the hood and passenger fender till I seen how solid it was. Thanks again to GPULLER and his brother! You are great guys!

Started doing repairs on the floor pan. Passenger side done so far. Ill have pics up soon. Forgot camera at shop. Also ordered the powdercoated caster bolt set from challengersteve. Great guy!sil_a.JPG

Well a few pics of the repairs. More coming. I have tons of blasting to do now then weld in the floor and trunk pans.charger restoration 723.jpgcharger restoration 724.jpgcharger restoration 726.jpgcharger restoration 727.jpg

Im thinking of making a shed in the shed to blast this week. Couple of 2x4's and some 4mill plastic also some ventilation.

Looking good!

Thanks dude! Hope you guys had a good christmas so far. Looks like you guys got dumped on with snow! We only got 4 inches.

- - - Updated - - -

Well got the full floor pan and rear foot pan on the drivers side from the donor car fit and tek screwed in place. Looks like it has always been there. Going to get the trunkm pan in next. I see they now have rear trunk drop downs for the 66-67 chargers for $109 ea. I may order them this week. Look like awsome parts. Also I seen a video of a black 66 charger for sale on you tube that in the description the car had " new high quality replacement quarter panels. Car looked awsome! But Im unaware of any full quarters on the market right now. Am I missing something?charger restoration 735.jpgcharger restoration 736.jpgcharger restoration 739.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back