• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2

Wayne , you put any miles on that weapon yet? I'd likely have the planes sniffing around trying to find some gas by now!
Wife and I put 35 miles on it. Runs like a top! Cars are locked up... working on airplane so I can get the fawk out of here.

Well the Wife found some baby stuff we needed and it was a few towns away.. so we put 102 miles on the Satellite today. Rolled the odometer past 10,000 miles, visited the Granddaughter and took her Daddy for a ride as well and boys will be boys and then back home with a trip through Midland's Little Lake Park. Fuel tank full leaving home... almost empty back home. You sure wouldn't want to pass a gas station on a cross country with this thing at 6 or 7 MPG !! :lol:

Never gets old...

Wasaga Beach Superstore..
1966HP2cruisesept292022 016.jpg

Rolling 10,000 miles for the historical files.

10,000.3 miles
1966HP2cruisesept292022 025.jpg

Daughter's house.
1966HP2cruisesept292022 030.jpg

Boys will be boys..

Granddaughter with her current car..
1966HP2cruisesept292022 048.jpg

In the park..
1966HP2cruisesept292022 057.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful grand daughter and that Satellite isn’t too shabby either

I know where a quarter of a tank went. The video shows it well.

Nice.

I get right about 150 miles to a tank...and thats only if i nurse it the entire time.

Any shenanigans and its under 100........ Quickly.

Pic is when mine rolled over 100k this past march during a weekend trip to Phoenix.

20220305_152328.jpg

BTW... out of the corner of my eye I caught my temp and fuel gauge head for full sweep twice and then settle back while we were out. I'm not going to let that fawker stick a third time and cook ****... ordered a couple RT-Engineerings voltage regulators this morning.

I also found that the clutch pedal was chattering away about 1/2 way through our day once everything was well heat soaked. Inspection found the throw out bearing.. while loosely.. was riding the pressure plate fingers. Backed the fork rod off a few nut turns.

Before going out I had adjusted the 1/2 shifter rod shorter by a good 1/2" as the last cruise it was always falling out of 1st if I didn't keep my hand on the shifter. Worried I had a rebuild in my immediate future was so glad that adjustment solved it and it still shifts perfectly into 2nd.
20220930_111848.jpg

These old cars always seem to arrive with at least a few areas of neglected maintenance or Bubba neglect.

One other piss off yesterday and I should know better... I put my knee on the seat to lock the passenger door when Wife and I went in to A&W...

20220930_105439.jpg

20220930_105556.jpg

20220930_105715.jpg

20220930_105805.jpg

Figured I may as well use the service while it's still available. Sent in for the '64 x 440 and the '66 HP2. A better wait time than waiting for parts these days.. LOL
Hello Wayne,

Thank you for contacting the Stellantis Historical Archives. At this time, we would like to thank you for being patient with us while we work through our backlog of requests with a limited staff and partial office hours.

To order a build record, we will save the information you have provided and answer it in the order it was received. Unfortunately, it will take us some time to get through all the requests. We are aiming for your build record to be sent in the first quarter of 2023. A high resolution PDF copy of the build record will be emailed to you to help speed up the process.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. We look forward to assisting you with your requests.

Danielle Szostak-Viers

Stellantis Historical Services
12501 Chrysler Freeway
CIMS 410-11-21
Detroit, MI 48288

Well the first quarter of 2023 came quickly !!! Now to try and decipher the card..

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for your patience while we work through our orders. Attached please find the copy of the build card for your vehicle. The selling dealer was Calumet Plymouth, Inc., located in Chicago, IL.

Please note, we cannot reprint build cards any differently. The build cards were put on microfilm many years before they arrived to the archives. Everything possible has been done to provide you with the best copy from our files. We cannot make the build cards any larger or clearer, than what has been provided to you.

We are also unable to provide the decoding of the build records due to a high volume of requests and limited staffing. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

We hope you find this information useful.

Danielle Szostak-Viers
Stellantis Historical Services
12501 Chrysler Freeway
CIMS 410-11-21
Detroit, MI 48288

Attachments

• 1966HP2buildcardRP23H61180378.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 74
I'm late to this party. Great car!
I noticed this on the driver's fender apron:

01 hemi (2).jpg

Was this a "Hemi only" thing? The bracket to support the starter relay? What are those other things on the bracket?

Auto Transport Service
Back