• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2

On mine its drivers side.
the pass side is near but not quite perfect in line. Maybe 1/8" off but its on both ends and inward on the door on both ends .
But not enough I plan to try to correct it

That’s how mine are also - pass side a little closer than driver side. Factory deal no doubt.

Those are for ends but there maybe one piece that uses only one. The opposite side trim doesn't use one either. 10 of them per car, I could be wrong maybe 12.Tried to order them 1980ish none available.

My car had 10. The rear fender moldings only have one each at the very back. Each front fender molding had two, one at the back and the other about a foot from the turn signal indicator.

"Glad I didn't take it for a test drive!!! How it could get that low is beyond me and someone heard about it! Brakes still work and think I caught it just shy of needing to bleed. I'd almost swear someone drained it to clean it out and then forgot to fill it. Can't see how it could get below the intake hole.... or maybe the sellers Wife! Checked all wheels cylinders and lines, none leaking.

:eek::wtf:

My car had 10. The rear fender moldings only have one each at the very back. Each front fender molding had two, one at the back and the other about a foot from the turn signal indicator.

Thanks - sounds like I assumed wrong. Looks like you have actual data. Trying to remove or install one of those at the front of the rear quarter would be a real pain.

Tire inflated and jack parts back in with some foam to stop the rattles. Turns out the flat wing nut is correct and goes on now!
1966plysathp2part5 055.jpg

Then the hardboard and the cup. Then a small wing nut similar to this one. Thought I had it licked, but this aircraft hardware wing nut is fine thread.
1966plysathp2part5 058.jpg

The other big wing nut will do for now. I'll come back to the trunk in the Fall and correct all the stuff that's incorrect, paint the cup, etc.
1966plysathp2part5 059.jpg

Original trunk mat back in.
1966plysathp2part5 061.jpg

Jack back in place and tightened down against the spring.
1966plysathp2part5 063.jpg

Original tail light wiring harness. Plastic hanger clip still in place that insured line workers got it in the correct place every time.
1966plysathp2part5 067.jpg

Wiring harness and connector for the reverse lights that are in the tail panel on the trunk lid.
1966plysathp2part5 068.jpg

Still has the original clip holding the harness to the trunk hinge arm.
1966plysathp2part5 069.jpg

Was a bugger to see and get a shot of, but thought I'd better at least make sure that I didn't buy a re-bodied car and find the hidden stamps! Matching SO Number on the radiator support. 1502262. Looks like I need to remove the rear bumper to find the one back there... and that's not gonna happen.
1966plysathp2part5 081.jpg

Fender tag with same SO Number. AB73 = 426 Hemi C3=4 speed Z8- Buffed Paint
1966plysathp2part5 083.jpg

Last edited:
I think its AB73 is Hemi
C3 is 4 speed

At least I think thats how its read / coded

Is the back of the original mat smooth vinyl or does it have some sort of flocking on it?

Looking at the photos there are 10x21/2" drums on the front and 11x21/2 on the rear axle?
Also the springs look like stock Hemi/440 with the 2 half plies added for torque bias.
Mopar was always economical (cheap) the thermostat housing the same used on 318 Poly motors.
I have a breather and PCV valve off a 426 wedge car, both are chrome, same for the early Hemis.

I thought my car had 10” brakes on the front from underneath but when I pulled a wheel they were 11-3. My rear drums are the finned type so it was hard to compare up on a lift. Hard to judge by a photo or even just looking at them directly sometimes.

Went to town first thing this morning and noted when coming back that the road was well packed and dust free. Time to get the "new" Satellite out for a shake down cruise... only to go out the gate and find that the grader just chewed up the road.. ffs! Ran the car through it's paces, great oil pressure, temperature doesn't waver off the thermostat (albeit 3*C outside) and she launches straight and stops straight! What more could you ask?! Dropped by my buddy Bruce's place in the Harbour and put 33 miles on the car. Getting closer to rolling that odometer over the 10,000 mile mark!

Reminds me of a Steve Earl song..

Hammered on it a bit...

20 minutes in... 65 psi oil and 187F water temperature.
1966plysathp2shakedowncruise 015.jpg

Rumbled up to Bruce's house, his dog heard us coming two streets over.
1966plysathp2shakedowncruise 017.jpg

Made it home, no issues, no leaks, launches straight, stops straight and it even restarts instantly after sitting for few minutes, so heat soak doesn't appear to be an issue.
1966plysathp2shakedowncruise 030.jpg

Sitting idling back home, engine has been running now for almost 2 hours.
1966plysathp2shakedowncruise 036.jpg

Put 33 miles on her, next cruise she'll be rolling 10,000 original miles
1966plysathp2shakedowncruise 044.jpg

Tune time !
1966plysathp2shakedowncruise 046.jpg

Went to town first thing this morning and noted when coming back that the road was well packed and dust free. Time to get the "new" Satellite out for a shake down cruise... only to go out the gate and find that the grader just chewed up the road.. ffs! Ran the car through it's paces, great oil pressure, temperature doesn't waver off the thermostat (albeit 3*C outside) and she launches straight and stops straight! What more could you ask?! Dropped by my buddy Bruce's place in the Harbour and put 33 miles on the car. Getting closer to rolling that odometer over the 10,000 mile mark!

Reminds me of a Steve Earl song..

Hammered on it a bit...

20 minutes in... 65 psi oil and 187F water temperature.
View attachment 1277298
Rumbled up to Bruce's house, his dog heard us coming two streets over.
View attachment 1277299
Made it home, no issues, no leaks, launches straight, stops straight and it even restarts instantly after sitting for few minutes, so heat soak doesn't appear to be an issue.
View attachment 1277300
Sitting idling back home, engine has been running now for almost 2 hours.
View attachment 1277301
Put 33 miles on her, next cruise she'll be rolling 10,000 original miles
View attachment 1277302
Tune time !
View attachment 1277303

Heat soak? In Canada this early in the year? Lol….

Just saw this thread. Wow that is a sweet Satellite. Easter eggs in Canada must be bigger then here in USA, only thing in my eggs was chocolate.
That is quite a car.

Just caught up, glad the shake down went well.
Again, just a beautiful find, that is a keeper for sure.
I'm sure it's fairly indestructible but i think i would try....
I do it to mine regularly and have yet to hurt it.....

Auto Transport Service
Back