• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2

If your interested they re-pop front hood trim. I put a pair of NOS signal lens on my car with a little (3/32") clear RTV. Put under button on outside, to prevent the vibration from cracking lens. One cracked other still OK.

No need for new hood trim Fran, no dents in it and as for the signal lenses, I think I will take them back off and do similar...as that center rattles and I'm terrified to try and tighten it any further than Trim Parts did during their assembly.

If I understand that carb linkage (?) it looks like it’s set up presently to open both carbs simultaneously instead of progressively. Probably necessary if the throttle arms on both carbs are of the same radius.

Those turn signal chrome buckets look really nice. I had to have mine rechromed and it was a pain.

Yep and the slide bars allow each one to close at their own will when you get off the go pedal.

Also,I would have a look at the master cylinder from interior side to make sure there is no leak inside vehicle. Just a thought.
BINGO ! Thanks!
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 001.jpg
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 004.jpg

In regards to the upper hose and housing.

The dark blue car I posted earlier is a low mileage 6000 mile car . And is IMO the best 1966 hemi Plymouth to use as a guide line...But not an end all bible so to speak

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0120-397301/1966-plymouth-hemi-satellite/

I have yet to see any original 66 where the hose went under the fuel line

My car has the drilled hose bracket and my under standing it has always had it.
BUT ,,,ive seen a few that did and some that didnt have the hose bracket on the alternator . So IMO the jury is still out on that one.

If your inner fender isnt drilled for it, no way would I drill it to add the bracket

My car had NOS lenses put in it back in the early 2000s . And to this day neither one has any cracks

I do drive the car so they have got some knicks in them ,,,more so in the past year.

I did buy a set of the repops for that someday just in case I need them . Pics of both for review / reference
I have given thoughts to buy a couple NOS,,,,Also just in case . They are not that hard to find

repops.jpg OEM.jpg

Those fuel lines after tee aren't factory. If it's a single from tee to pump could be factory.
P1050008.JPG

Solid steel line pump to tee...

Guess I'll be rebuilding it. I haven't found a kit yet, but I did order a new "jobber" replacement for now.
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 004.jpg

Found a nice weathered piece of 5/8 hose and a couple of patina'd corbin clamps for the breather hose. Believe '66 should just be an open breather, but the cleaner has a spigot and it's gonna get put to good use!
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 008.jpg

Got to thinking about the signal light lenses rattling when I was putting them in and tried to snug them up, then Fran's comment out his "little dab'll do ya". Took them back out and apart intending to tighten them up some more.
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 025.jpg

Then I took the originals apart and found the chrome dome has foam in the back and the retaining nut has a rubber insert.
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 027.jpg

Found some appropriate foam.
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 032.jpg

Marked for cutting.
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 034.jpg

Center punched out.
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 036.jpg

Foam in the new one and used the original nut and rubber washer to put together.
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 039.jpg

Nice and tight and no more rattling.
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 042.jpg

Original window sweepers.
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 059.jpg

Last edited:
Saw someone ask the other day about window crank sizes. 3.5" center to center in the front.
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 068.jpg

3" center to center in the back. More stuff to polish....
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 070.jpg

Nice original radio, even works!!
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 074.jpg

Original Inland shifter with the reverse lock out feature. Sloppy as **** they are, but it's correct vs a Hurst.
1966plysathp2cleanupday3 076.jpg

Last edited:
On the parking light lens my old ones cracked from the center hole ---So in 1986 i found 4 NOS and radius the center hole and they still look new for 36 years old. Don't know if it helped keep them from cracking!

This is a 66 motor in my 67 Coronet. Shows fuel lines and correct T-stat housing for 66. Beautiful car by the way.
C702FFA4-AACA-43B9-B193-A22E0706287B.jpeg
7E9D33A9-6058-44BB-A845-A78F697B1526.jpeg
B55BC6D0-E3B4-4C1D-B33F-614EC56EDB46.jpeg
FDB6107A-8C1B-4F0A-832F-4B8921FEA2D7.jpeg

Very nice Wayne & congrats. My 66 Belvedere II is mostly unmolested & if you have some detail questions, I may be able to help.

f77ed46d15e82dfdb68ac852d6430c74.jpg

any hints underneath that it ever had a sway bar installed and was removed for weight reduction!

Very nice car for the collection Wayne. i know you will actually drive it as it should be!

Auto Transport Service
Back