• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 rear leafs

A less expensive way would be to add a leaf. The u-bolts should be plenty well long enough.

Maybe I can help after all...

IIRC "Espo" springs advertises springs rated to be "+1" or "+2" inches higher than stock.

I've heard good things about them and also their customer support.

IMO- the rear height is "just right" on a 66/67 if the white letters or that area of the tire is at or just below the top of the rear wheel well.

PM coming about WH23G6 database as soon as I can find time to clean out a couple PM slots.

Just to update this thread. I ordered a pair of leafs from ESPO +1", 6 leaf driver and 7 leaf passenger, new shackles, new u bolts and front hanger bolts. Due to arrive Monday. Will post up a picture early next year of how the car sits on these springs. I'm currently taking the opportunity to clean and weather protect the underside of the car so it'll be a while before she's on the deck again.

Auto Transport Service
Back