• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet 440 Coupé from Germany

Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Hello to all Moparheads!

I'm Markus. a Mopar enthusiast from Germany. I bought my Coronet 10 years ago. It's a 440 Hardtop Coupé with an original 383 4bbl and a 727 TF.
This car was driven for 40 years by one owner in Redwood City California.

IMG_20171230_010222- forum.jpg

By the end of the year 2006 the coronet went overseas to germany. This pic was made in January 2007 when I bought ist from an private importer in southern Germany. Still with plastic antenna, and the original full wheel covers.
IMG_2387-forum.jpg

The next pic was made in August 2008 at the fantastic Mopar Nationals in Herten/Germany.
Meanwhile with the lovely dog dishes. At the Mopar Nationals you can see cars from Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg but sometimes also a few from Scandinavia, like Sweden or Finland.
237-forum.jpg

The next pic shows my Coronet in 2016. With 14" road wheels (not Ford magnums), TTI
exhausts, lowered front an last but not least with a new 452 cui stroker engine on a 400 base inclusive a new Hughes Performance transmission.
069-forum.jpg

Meanwhile I have a second Mopar. It's a 1979 Dodge Ramcharger 4WD with a 360 4bbl . It is no b-body, but it also makes a lot of fun. The Ramcharger is rustfree but needs a lot of TLC in the next month. Interieur and a lot of details...
20160219_145121-forum.jpg

MyCoronet is in a quite good condition. But there is always some work to do. So that is also a good reason to join this great forum.

Welcome to FBBO!
It's always good to see someone take such good care of what is obviously a nice car with a great history.

Welcome aboard Markus, nice stable of Mopars!

Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
It's nice to see someone enjoying that Dodge across the Atlantic!

Hello Markus, welcome to a great mopar site. Nice car and truck.

Markus, greetings from Central Illinois. Looking forward to seeing more of each vehicle in the future.

Hello to all Moparheads!

I'm Markus. a Mopar enthusiast from Germany. I bought my Coronet 10 years ago. It's a 440 Hardtop Coupé with an original 383 4bbl and a 727 TF.
This car was driven for 40 years by one owner in Redwood City California.

View attachment 554188

By the end of the year 2006 the coronet went overseas to germany. This pic was made in January 2007 when I bought ist from an private importer in southern Germany. Still with plastic antenna, and the original full wheel covers.
View attachment 554190

The next pic was made in August 2008 at the fantastic Mopar Nationals in Herten/Germany.
Meanwhile with the lovely dog dishes. At the Mopar Nationals you can see cars from Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg but sometimes also a few from Scandinavia, like Sweden or Finland.
View attachment 554191

The next pic shows my Coronet in 2016. With 14" road wheels (not Ford magnums), TTI
exhausts, lowered front an last but not least with a new 452 cui stroker engine on a 400 base inclusive a new Hughes Performance transmission.
View attachment 554192

Meanwhile I have a second Mopar. It's a 1979 Dodge Ramcharger 4WD with a 360 4bbl . It is no b-body, but it also makes a lot of fun. The Ramcharger is rustfree but needs a lot of TLC in the next month. Interieur and a lot of details...
View attachment 554193

MyCoronet is in a quite good condition. But there is always some work to do. So that is also a good reason to join this great forum.

Hey Markus, where in Germany do you hang your hat?

Welcome!
Yeah, what area is that?
Spent 2 years stationed in Frankfurt and got around some. Made it to Hockenheimer for the races once. Wish i could have done it again. I was amazed back then how many American muscle cars were living there (30 years ago).

Welcome!
Yeah, what area is that?
Spent 2 years stationed in Frankfurt and got around some. Made it to Hockenheimer for the races once. Wish i could have done it again. I was amazed back then how many American muscle cars were living there (30 years ago).

Yes, Hockenheim is a great place to be. Hockenheim is very close to my hometown. We have a lot of dragrace and mopar freaks in Europe. Here are just a few impressions for you from our "home of speed".
052.jpg
023.jpg
040.jpg
249.jpg
IMG_1676.jpg
062.jpg
121.jpg
IMG_1760.jpg
243.jpg
IMG_1963.jpg

Yes, Hockenheim is a great place to be. Hockenheim is very close to my hometown. We have a lot of dragrace and mopar freaks in Europe. Here are just a few impressions for you from our "home of speed".
View attachment 554265 View attachment 554266 View attachment 554267 View attachment 554270 View attachment 554271 View attachment 554272 View attachment 554273 View attachment 554274 View attachment 554275 View attachment 554277

Ok, I was stationed in Berlin in the late 70s, early 80s. Lots of Mopars in Germany. I was surprised at the following.
I

Welcome to FBBO Markus! I too spent a couple of tours in West Germany 1976-1979 and 1982-1985. Traveled around a bunch. Love your country!

Auto Transport Service
Back