• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet bumper jack questions...

Paul Boucher

Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right forum, but this is the closest I could figure. So, I picked up a really nice condition bumper jack for my 67 R/T. I know the hook is right by the model number, but how do I check the mast? Isn't it height specific? Also, how do I tell if the base is correct?

Second, he cleaned it real good and painted it, but I think it's the wrong color. Hook is black, which I am pretty sure is correct, but the lever on the mast and the base plate are black, and I think they are supposed to be grey? Can someone confirm? If it is supposed to be grey, anyone know what color so I can paint it back original. Thanks guys!

image.png

These were original colors. The gray is very close to original. 66 Satellite St Louis plant.

Thanks Fran! So yours is original? Did the paint color vary based on manufacturing plant? I know some things did vary by plant.
Don't know for sure, that's why I added what plant my car it was build at. Yes mine is original, I'm 3rd owner. Saw ad for the car in 1973 in local paper told 2nd owner about it. He bought it drove for awhile and then it sat for 5 years until I bought it.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back