• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX brake booster color

Parts book only has 1 listing for b-body disc brake booster, p/n 2881 548 (Bendix dual diaphragm). Indicates its for 8 cyl, but no other distinction. However, the catalog has this graphic for hemi b-body which looks just like the setup on my 383 car.

View attachment 1021450
I did a little more research in the parts book and the offset bracket (5-101-1 in the figure) and the 4 spacers that go on the booster studs (5-101-16) are called out as specific to the hemi b-body, but there is only 1 p/n for a power disc brake booster as mentioned in the previous post which makes me wonder whether all of the disc brake cars got the same setup as the hemi. Also makes me wonder what they used on the hemis with power drums, if there was such a thing, since the pwr drum cars used the Midland-Ross style booster which is a larger diameter.

I am curious whether anyone has an example of a 67 w/factory pwr discs that doesn't use the hemi bracket and Bendix booster or a 67 hemi w/factory pwr drums.

I want to amend my earlier post. Sorry for the earlier comment,,,, I had an old fart moment and should have known better

The midland-ross booster is / was yellow zinc dichromate - which is power drum brake option.
The master cylinder will be natural as cast with a yelow zin plated lid

Manual drum brake master cyls were same as power drums

The Bendix brake booster should be a low gloss black is for power disc brake option, Both booster and master cyl were painted low gloss black as an assy

UNLESS its a hemi car. and then I believe both brake options used the bendix brake booster regardless of drum or disc

PS the hemi only booster looks similar as non hemi.
BUT, the bolt pattern on the back is different between the 2 and on hemi applications the studs are 3/8? , where as non hemi they were only 5/16"

BUT, the bolt pattern on the back is different between the 2 and on hemi applications the studs are 3/8? , where as non hemi they were only 5/16"
Jus
Just went out and measured the bolts on mine. They are 3/8`S. Car was ordered with 440 4 speed and power disc brakes.

Does this look like a correct hemi booster?

IMG_0605.jpg IMG_0606.jpg

Here’s an original 67 R/T, 440. Power drum setup. I EvapoRust’d everything. All had remnants of black paint.
Didn’t appear to ever be off the car. Car was parked in 79 and had 50k miles.
0E62BB59-5280-4D3E-935E-9E701719FBC3.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back