• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX Voltage regulator

69, now that i think about it, for $23 i will call them and see if they will make one for me, is there a order number that you would feel comfortable sharing with me , that way they will know what im talking about when i call...

I would wait and see how it turns out. I think I got the dimensions right, I won’t know until it gets here for sure. I would hate to see you get it and it be way off or something. I tried to scale it back on the computer screen and it looked good when it was close to 2”x1” on the screen, but...

I’ll share the order number once we confirm it looks good. Plus, I need to make sure they put the underscore under the NOT too.

ok, thats a good plan, i really appreciate your leg work on this, i dont do well with the whole design concept on the computer, i would really struggle to the point of frustration, thanks again...Rich

Here’s the one that was on my other 67. Later service replacement. I put the cover on a new VR. Flipped for your viewing pleasure.
93B97639-BF2E-47DD-BC51-318DEFE20DF6.jpeg

This one was on my 67 Satellite when I bought it 33 yrs ago, and still is. I've tried replacing it with new ones, but the ammeter starts dancing like a drunk gypsy until I put this one back. Hope it never goes bad lol.

20200904_200404.jpg

so i assume this is when we discuss the correct color ink or paint to use that is closest to factory specs? And while we are all here can you tell me why i see some VR with a date stamp and others without.

The one I posted in #24 would have been a later service replacement. Later replacement ones don’t have dates from what I can tell.

I just picked up two things of Testors paint today. One is orange and the other a slightly darker orange. We’ll compare.

ok, i agree that the later replacment ones wouldnt have a date, i wonder if the originals were red ink and just faded to orange?
e one I posted in #24 would have been a later service replacement. Later replacement ones don’t have dates from what I can tell.

I did more EvapoRust and it took most of the paint away.
I got two colors, gloss orange and flat grapefruit. I I’ll be using the grapefruit, orange is too bright. With and without flash.
2451B073-2F21-4CFC-8CB6-991084A53BD3.jpeg
49EFAABF-11EF-41EA-9238-4C74A7AA4A54.jpeg
AA571B0C-E25F-45E3-923A-BE43FF479EDC.jpeg

The lighter one, but my wife says I'm color blind.

I’m trying to figure that same thing out. Another thread I saw said @Big D A12 has a service to stamp these?

Thanks for the referral. As you guys can see from the pictures in this thread there are many different stamps used over the years to label the voltage regulators. The fonts change significantly, even within a model year not to mention the variations between the plants.

I reproduce the markings at Lynch Road for the second half of the 1969 production year. I can do most any stamp, but the process would be the same as this thread details. Remember, these are not a one stamp fits all scenario. Doing your homework will get it right.

D

Stamp came today. Talk about fast. They did not add the underscore. The left side turned out okay. I need to work on technique, either that or the stamps originally were very bold font.

My part number and date code font is too small also.
7D3906D8-6B1D-45AF-8FD8-78B6AB4AF80E.jpeg

its not bad but i do agree that the date and part number should be a little bigger and the underscore should be there.What are you going to do now?

Update. I called the stamp place and they’re re-doing it. Standby.

It’s better. I’ll post pictures later.

Auto Transport Service
Back