• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 gtx

I am not a chassis guy or a racer but I know what I did, as the pics show [sorry so big] 15x10 wheels bias- ply n50 tire ,about 2" clearance springs and fender.this is why I bought the tires first so I could center them in the wheelwell. this is a 8 3/4 w factory hemi springs. I can tell you nothing I have done is comperable to 68-up 66-67 is its own animal.I belive we cut 11" off the rear w/5" backspace, thats my story hope it helps. :grin:

Careful guys - the orginal post was about a 1967 gtx and "dantrap" is referencing a 69. These years have very different wheel wells to start with, lets make sure we are giving the orginal post an apples to apples comparison.

the 67 rear quarter covers about several inches of the top of the rear tire which limits your space as compared to 68-68 which have a full arch wheel well.

Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Careful guys - the orginal post was about a 1967 gtx and "dantrap" is referencing a 69. These years have very different wheel wells to start with, lets make sure we are giving the orginal post an apples to apples comparison.

the 67 rear quarter covers about several inches of the top of the rear tire which limits your space as compared to 68-68 which have a full arch wheel well.

Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

disregard my last post. since tire frying bob asked a question i confused him with the original post. i was wondering why his wheel wells werent tight like my 66 net.

I am not a chassis guy or a racer but I know what I did, as the pics show [sorry so big] 15x10 wheels bias- ply n50 tire ,about 2" clearance springs and fender.this is why I bought the tires first so I could center them in the wheelwell. this is a 8 3/4 w factory hemi springs. I can tell you nothing I have done is comperable to 68-up 66-67 is its own animal.I belive we cut 11" off the rear w/5" backspace, thats my story hope it helps. :grin:
I like the stance and the tire width of your Satellite, when you say 2" clearance I assume 1" on either side of the tire. Any tire rub issues?
Thx...Jeff

disregard my last post. since tire frying bob asked a question i confused him with the original post. i was wondering why his wheel wells werent tight like my 66 net.

I am with you daredevil. I am just noting that 67 and 69 wheel wells are different.

I'm running 255/60/15's on my 67 Belvedere and I can't take corners over 30mph without rubbing the fenders. Is that normal? 255 doesn't seem that wide. I was thinking about doing the spring relocation too. Would moving the springs in affect cornering?

Hi All, My 69 dimensions may not be correct for the 67 and down cars, but the links show the detailed info for those who want to relocate the leaf springs into the frame rails using the MP kit. Hope this helps clears things up. Good luck

I'm running 255/60/15's on my 67 Belvedere and I can't take corners over 30mph without rubbing the fenders. Is that normal? 255 doesn't seem that wide. I was thinking about doing the spring relocation too. Would moving the springs in affect cornering?

are your tires rubbing on the outside or the inside? what size and backspacing is your rims?

On a 69 now, 295-69-15 M&T street on 15 x 10 / 5 inch BS, 3 1/2 " inside clearance to leaf spring and approx 1 1/4 to 1 3/8 to to rolled quarter lip. That tire is 29.5 tall with a 13" cross section, Approx 10 1/4 foot print. Also a 30 x 12.5 M&T ET Drag on a 15 x 12 with 6" back space. Its tighter to the inside but has approx 7/8 - 1.0" clearance, same on the outside. The cross-section is larger as is of course the foot print, 1/2 taller. I do not use the slicks for the street. I also have an old set of 31 x 11.50s that fit ok. Hope this helps, remember for a 69 again. Before i forget we also cut out the outside contour of the fender lip and stretched it 4", welded and reinstalled to look stock.

As it is now, there isn't much room on either side. Myabe 1/2" from tire to fender and not much more from the tire to leaf springs.

Theres no doubt there. That back end floats like a ghost. I'm hplding out for QA1s and the Hotchkid f&r sway bars.

Brad, Install Mopar Performance XHD or SS springs and have a NO larger then 15x7 rim with a 4" back space (3" front space is max on 66/67 plymouths). You'll be able to put 275x60x15 under there with NO tire rub.. Been there - done that!! No sway bar or fancy shocks needed..

Auto Transport Service
Back