• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 R/T Stripe

Does anyone have good pictures of survivor or a car that is 'right'? Looking to see where the pinstripe on the car lands and how it terminates on both ends.

TIA!
Greetings: I have an original 67 Dodge Coronet R/T that I purchased new. It is 881 blue with a white pinstripe. If appears the pinstripe was put on with some type of striping machine. No bottom stripe even though sales brochures show them. I have attend the Mopar Nats for years both in Indianapolis and Columbus. Only saw one lower stripe above the rocker moulding. I believe it was the 67 R/T gold in color. I will get close up pictures but car is in storage and I need to carefully get around all the other stored vehicles One rear fender was re-striped after a drunk clipped the car when I pulled in a drive to pick someone up. I blieve that was restriped using tape taht was the same size as the stripe and the psinting the stripe and removing the tape. Don't know when I can get the pictures.
John J. Gocala Sr.

Thank you very much! Look forward to seeing pictures.

The stripe package could of been a dealer upgrade for a additional 1000.00. :) just kidding :D. Accent stripes have gone the way of the dinosaur.

I found two pictures that I think are original'ish. Gold car looks good from drivers door back.

@67RT440 - any luck with pictures? Your my only hope for original pics! :moparsmiley:

IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_0432.JPG

I found two pictures that I think are original'ish. Gold car looks good from drivers door back.

@67RT440 - any luck with pictures? Your my only hope for original pics! :moparsmiley:

View attachment 585289 View attachment 585290
Greetings: Have to get some cars moved. They are quite close in storage. Moved some stuff. Will try in the next few days. THANKS for the picturs. I will attempt to get close ups by front fender door and end on rear fender. John J. Gocala Sr.

Thank you very much! Look forward to seeing pictures.
Greetings: I have taken pictures of my Original 67 Coronet R/t white pinstripe. I took closeups of the tip of the front fender, the front fender and the front door and back of door to the rear fender and the end near the fender extension. Stripe is white. I need your e mail so that I can send the pictures fron my wife's phone. I will await your reply. THANKS!
John J. Gocala Sr.

Greetings: I have taken pictures of my Original 67 Coronet R/t white pinstripe. I took closeups of the tip of the front fender, the front fender and the front door and back of door to the rear fender and the end near the fender extension. Stripe is white. I need your e mail so that I can send the pictures fron my wife's phone. I will await your reply. THANKS!
John J. Gocala Sr.
Also I believe the top strip is 1/4 inch separated by 1/16th ich and bottom stripe is 1/8th. Hope I am measuring it proerly. Let me know.

John J. Gocala Sr.

John J. Gocala Sr.
Thank you. I just PMed you.

Once you get the pics, post them up here as I, as well as I am sure others one here, would love to see them.

Once you get the pics, post them up here as I, as well as I am sure others one here, would love to see them.
I had my wife post them to your e mail from her phone. she also sent them to my email. I'm not sure I know how to send to this sire'

I did not get the email. Could you check the address again please?

I'll post them in the thread once I get them if that's okay.

I striped my R/T back in 90 , and copied which I believed to be an original car at the time. The top stripe was 1/8" with an 1/8" Gap, and a 1/16 stripe below that. Hell.... I hope mine is Right! Too late to correct now!

I checked and I did not get them via email either. I will PM you my number tomorrow and I can help you on how to do it. Thanks!

Pictures delivered. Thank you John! Great looking car.

I would agree with your dimensions. 1/4">1/16" space>1/8" lower.
IMG_0499.JPG
IMG_0500.JPG
IMG_0501.JPG
IMG_0502.PNG
IMG_0503.JPG
IMG_0504.JPG
IMG_0505.JPG
IMG_0506.PNG

My 67 R/T was an original car when I bought it, and I tried to exactly duplicate the stripes when I repainted it. However, I did that in 1988, and do not remember exactly how they terminated. My car has only the upper belt line pin stripes, and I don't think I have ever seen an original car that had the lower pin stripes. (And have definitely never seen the "rallye style" stripe except in that ad. I can take pics one day when I get it out from under the car cover. Pictures from a distance do not really show the stripe, as my car is the dark red and the stripes are black.

67 RT at Glebe 1.jpg 67RT at Glebe 2.jpg

These are the only two examples I could find. I have never personally seen one in the flesh with a rocker stripe applied. Some how I doubt that they were a popular item.

View attachment 581979 View attachment 581980 It appears to be about 2 inches above the rocker trim and terminates at the wheel well chrome trim about a 1/8th of an inch off both edges in line with the trim curve.
does anybody know who sells the bottom stirpe

I am a 1967 R/T guy, and I have had my car 35 years. In all that time, I have never seen an R/T with the lower Rally stripe in the flesh. I think it was likely a dealer applied option. I do not believe there is a factory option code for it. I find old original road tests in magazines like Car Life, Motor Trend, Super Stock are great references for how cars were actually built. Sometimes there are great details to be seen. One magazine of the era actually had a drive test on a 67 Coronet 500 ( not R/T ) with a 426 Hemi automatic. A local graphics place could likely reproduce that lower stripe from a good photo or magazine ad from the time.

My 67 R/T was an original car when I bought it, and I tried to exactly duplicate the stripes when I repainted it. However, I did that in 1988, and do not remember exactly how they terminated. My car has only the upper belt line pin stripes, and I don't think I have ever seen an original car that had the lower pin stripes. (And have definitely never seen the "rallye style" stripe except in that ad. I can take pics one day when I get it out from under the car cover. Pictures from a distance do not really show the stripe, as my car is the dark red and the stripes are black.

View attachment 601921 View attachment 601922
I had forgotten about this thread. Here is a more recent picture.
IMG_1234.jpeg

I am an original 67 Dodge Coronet R/T owner purchasing the car 02-24-67. I had posted pictures of my 881 blue 67 with white pinstripes and correct measurements for the stripes April 22, 2018. There were no bottom stripes from Dodge other than pictures in brochure. Visited production site in Detroit several times neve saw one. Have seen a few at Mopar nats Columbus, ohio that were put on by owners. Hope this helps.

JJG

Auto Transport Service
Back