• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 R/T Tachometer diagnosis

dammstrate

Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
Just got a 1967 restored R/T. Everything works electrically except the clock (I know how/where to fix), the backup lights (again, know how to fix) and the
factory tack on the console, which is dead. Can anyone direct me to some kind of diagnosis information article about the tach?

Just got a 1967 restored R/T. Everything works electrically except the clock (I know how/where to fix), the backup lights (again, know how to fix) and the
factory tack on the console, which is dead. Can anyone direct me to some kind of diagnosis information article about the tach?
Usually the sending unit is FUBAR. In 1967, the sending unit was incorporated with the the tach head, inside the can. Before this, the sending unit was a separate piece. There is a company up here in Ontario that has developed a modern board to replace the original. Some soldering is required. The name of the company escapes me right now, but I can look it up tomorrow.with
Some one on the forum has a 1967 tach for sale for $900.00. Gasp!

Auto Transport Service
Back