• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968-70 Chargers with power windows

bpsmopar

Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
I am wondering about a rubber window stop on the bottom interior of the doors. I have 2 power window chargers with holes for a bracket
and the service manual shows a stop attached to a bracket bolted to the bottom of the door. My manual window Charger has no holes for
the bracket but dimples where the holes could be. it has a stop on the regular. My power window regulator has no stop on it.
Should I be looking for these rubber blocks and their brackets? Thank you.

I will pull my car out and look this weekend if it isn't raining. My '70 Charger has factory power windows.

They should have the down stop if it's a True power window car. Maybe they were converted and they forgot the stops? Plus the power window down stops are way beefier.

Yes I have those brackets on my original power window 70 Charger
So what are you wanting to know?
I’m at work now but I’ll post a picture for you tomorrow but by the sounds of it you know what you were looking for

Here's a picture of the said window stops/bumpers brackets.

window stops.JPG

My two 70 Chargers are both power window cars. Mine do have the stops. Sorry, no pictures of them apart though.

IMG950463.jpg

They should have the down stop if it's a True power window car. Maybe they were converted and they forgot the stops? Plus the power window down stops are way beefier.
The doors have the holes for a bracket to hold a stop bumper but they are missing.

Yes I have those brackets on my original power window 70 Charger
So what are you wanting to know?
I’m at work now but I’ll post a picture for you tomorrow but by the sounds of it you know what you were looking for
I found a picture of the bracket set up in my 69 parts book. very vague though, thank you. I'm in Alberta. Love your province by the way!

Glad I could be of assistance. I always try to help if I can. And I love YOUR Province. The only other place I called home while working in the Patch.

Right about there.

door 9.jpg

Look how they cut out the hole for master gang switch. I thought someone might have added the power windows later in the cars life but found out that's the way they hacked the hole bigger at the factory. Just another car at the time. Next lol

doors.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. My car looks like an angry beaver chewed his way through the door for the switch.

P1010068.JPG

'70 Charger with power windows. Driver's side.

IMG_20230128_135759289_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230128_140133608.jpg
IMG_20230128_140144113.jpg
IMG_20230128_140412766.jpg
IMG_20230128_140450985_BURST001.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back