• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger 6.1, AlterKtion,545RFE trans etc

What Interior??

• Total voters
well since we are sharing shaved firewall photos here is a picture of my 69 coronet r/t
I'm in the process of putting a 6.1 hemi in it and a 5-45rfe also
it was my high school car
and yes I do have working windshield wipers! I will be building inner fenders once I have fit the hemi and trans It will be all smooth
IMG_20111220_203838.jpg

IMG_20111220_203918.jpg
oem three speed wiper

Looks awesome, like the supports under fenders, and the wiper motor placement awesome, if I put mine there I am sure it would break and I would have to remove my heating, and radio to get at it... Murphy's Law applies to me on everything

Project update

Here is the latest, the wires should be all in and run before the end of the week, still need to get floor mounted shifter. then we can start, stop, forward, reverse, and have A/C
2012-01-19 08.58.32.jpg

2012-01-19 08.58.52.jpg

2012-01-19 08.55.16.jpg

2012-01-19 08.57.04.jpg

I hope it all works out for ya.

Very sweet project!!!

Looking forward to the next set of progress pictures!

Ma Snart

Like I have to tell you this, but I will. That hard work is really paying off.

Fuel Injection is Key and Awesome new style front suspension...

You spent some bucks; but, you will enjoy your car.. Nice Motor..:headbang:

can I ask why you'd buy the fancy front suspension and keep with leaf springs? the 4 link kit from rms isn't much money for what it is. nothing wrong with leafs imo but your car is almost to advanced for em lol

FYI, we started the Charger yesterday, it was good to finally see it run, will post small video soon.

leaf springs

can I ask why you'd buy the fancy front suspension and keep with leaf springs? the 4 link kit from rms isn't much money for what it is. nothing wrong with leafs imo but your car is almost to advanced for em lol

I am using this as a daily driver, also the $$ is a big difference, $450 for leaf springs and 3,000 for RMS 4 link, I will add the 4 link sometime down the road..

If you ever need a hand on it give me a shout bro - I am about 20 mins from Anaheim and I am just finishing up my 68 Charger with a 6.1L and a 5-speed

Help AWESOME

I can always use help, I am a little over my head right now, is this what you do?

I used to work at a mopar restoration shop - I do small part restoration, steering columns, heater boxes, etc - do all kinds of electrical stuff... blah blah blah...

I am currently in process for federal law enforcement so just doing side projects while they do my background check.

What A/C system did you use under the dash? I like that the lines are hidden in the wheelwell.

I used a vintage air system, I made a bracket that welded to the inside of the firewall, with some mounting screws on it, and didn't want to put any holes in the firewall, so we went out the side under the fender.

car looks amazing you have alot of time n that one. im on my way to pick up my 70 charger i just bough have pics up when i get it back to phx i got a long wa to go .at least i know what im getting !a rust bucket ha ha but i dont care (im gunna biuld) i had a 70 when i was 16 n sold it at 20 with a 440 pi for the grand total of 770 doolars rust free ugh i was an idiot

Auto Transport Service
Back