• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger 6.1L Hemi swap

I think I found your wiring diagram on DC.com. Is it a pin out sheet? The only thing I didn't see is what to do if using a 727 trans. Mine is a truck engine and harness with two ECM's one for the engine one for the trans. BTW are you still in the middle east? If so GOD BLESS and be safe!
Don

Get rid of the 03' computers! They do accept tuning like the 05' and computers do and there is only one computer.

Get rid of the 03' computers! They do accept tuning like the 05' and computers do and there is only one computer.
I don't think the 05 computer will plug into the 03 harness. And I will not spend 1300 on a harness and computer. If the 03 computer will start and run this engine why wont it start and run it in this car? If it cant be done I will scrap the whole project. Some of cant spend thousands on our builds. I am sure I can sell my engine as it is still in the wrecked truck and still starts and moves.
Thanks
Don

- - - Updated - - -

03 computer cannot be tuned
What do you mean tuned? I just want the computer to run as if it were a manual transmission. Didn't they have a 5.7 in 03 that was a manual? I an not planning on changing anything else on the engine. I just want to put it in front of a 727 SB transmission and have the engine completely stock. Guess I don't understand the mopar set up. I have built ford and gm engines in older cars and used their computers and harness in both.
Thanks
Don

The 03 will not work. You cannot turn off the security and immobilizer functions.

And you can't disable the auto trans

Well ok and thanks! I am glad I haven't pulled it out of the truck yet. It will be a lot easier to sell if I can show that it runs. I guess it pays to do all the research first ll.
Thanks
Don

Auto Transport Service
Back