• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger

Boy, I've been trying. can't get enough leverage. I don't think this seat has ever been removed. Dust and dirt fall out when working it. Almost thinking of trying to wedge a jack between the back of the front seat to the front back seat.

Hawk's advice on the last page is correct. If you remove the console and one front seat, it helps also. Another method is to "shake" the bottom edge of the frame up and down, then in and out. Sometimes it is best to try a "side" at a time. Get one side off the hook, then the other. Some frames flex more than others. Your situation is NOT unusual - I've been there.

Congrats on the purchase!!! What a great story.
Is the radiator otherwise in good shape? Any crud inside/holes plugged?

I have put my feet against the bottom of the seat,and had someone pull up on the seat as I pushed it back. I found a stash of hardcore **** magazines under one of the rear seat bottoms in a 70 Charger R/T that I bought! I couldn't figure out what was making the seat so difficult to get out! I was 18 at the time it was a great score! Lol

Are you selling the **** stash?

Up, down, then in and out. Sounds like a session with my ex yelling instructions and I couldn't perform so that's why shes my ex. I'll try again on my car when I get the chance. Good luck to you too, OP...

Congrats on the purchase!!! What a great story.
Is the radiator otherwise in good shape? Any crud inside/holes plugged?
Radiator has it's wear and repairs. Just a hairline crack in the top tank. The overflow outlet also fell off.

I have put my feet against the bottom of the seat,and had someone pull up on the seat as I pushed it back. I found a stash of hardcore **** magazines under one of the rear seat bottoms in a 70 Charger R/T that I bought! I couldn't figure out what was making the seat so difficult to get out! I was 18 at the time it was a great score! Lol
In the process of taking the front seats out to get to it. Found a brand new Chrysler trunk key with absolutely no wear.

I've been cleaning up the engine compartment. 383 has been replaced. Looking for stamp marks on front of block. Nothing stamped on the traditional pad, drivers side front of engine. Only marks I found was left side under the distributor. numbers 50685. Anyone know what this means?

IMG_3397.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back