• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger

Well...I got a call last night at 8pm from the owner, my old shop teacher. I recognized his number and prepared for the worse and tried to form a response. He said, "are you still interested?" Very much so I said. He said "then you got a charger." He sounded real excited about it. Me...uff, I got so excited. Got a migraine after the call so I had to lay down...LOL.

Thank you all for your advice. I will continue to need your advice on taking care of this gem.
Congrats...

Smiley I love when a plan comes together A-Team Hannible.jpg

Congrats!! Yes it will take some $ and work to make it perfect, but that is a screaming deal today. Cool are is!!!!!!!
All the big prices people blow about, as I tell my wife, someone has to be willing to pay $25000 for a car before anyone will pay that $35000 or $45000. Those top $ cars have to be perfect, the right color, options, #s, etc and be at the right place at the right time usually.
Or have it at BJ at the right time with a bunch of rich drunks bidding!!???

Love it man! You got a running a driving car for a little over half of what rotted carcasses are going for! Enjoy it! Man I would do lower quarters and blend the paint flat green and do a new vinyl top and run it. Damn nice score!

I was following this thread yesterday and, like the happy ending. Things weren’t looking so good yesterday. Sounds like you got a great deal on a car with several minor projects ahead of you. Congrats OP!

Great Score! Now we gotta see more pic's! Would love to see the build sheet as well.:thumbsup:

CAR: Dodge Charger 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 383cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: 7.75x14 White Sidewall
MODEL YEAR: 1968
BUILD DATE: May 09.
AXLE: 2.76 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: Charger Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Green Interior.
PAINT: Dark Green Metallic (Dodge).
OTHER: Racing Green Metallic (Dodge), Forest Green Metallic (Plymouth, Chrysler, Imperial) Upper Door Frame Color.
MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings
ABC OPTIONS:
R1: AM Radio
X2: Tinted Windshield Only
Y4: Green Vinyl Top
abc OPTIONS:
a5: Center Front Seat
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror

Thank you so much.

Great Score! Now we gotta see more pic's! Would love to see the build sheet as well.:thumbsup:
The owner will be at the lake till the end of the month. Should have it home by the first week in June.

Congratulations and two thumbs up on your acquisition!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like green cars too. Triple pickle even better...three thumbs up!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Was a long day yesterday. Finally got her home. Seller/my old shop teacher was really happy and excited it was going to a good home. He was also my oldest Son's shop teacher. Did a video but can't load it. Found a hair line crack in the top tank of the radiator. Exhaust needs work, maybe put duals on it. Runs rough now that I got her home. I'll check the plugs, wires, dist. cap, carb. Guessing carb needs a rebuild. Will cleanup the engine compartment and carb.

IMG_3257.JPG IMG_3258.JPG IMG_3259.JPG IMG_3260.JPG IMG_3261.JPG IMG_3262.JPG IMG_3263.JPG IMG_3267.JPG IMG_3268.JPG IMG_3269.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back