• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger

Awesome! Congratulations!

Obviously, the car needs some TLC, but what a great score! Take your time and go after each piece little by little.

Enjoy the journey!

Hawk

Congratulations!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can someone tell me how the back seat on this charger comes out? I don't want to break anything.

Push down and then back, you're trying to get the bottom out of these..
beerestoration2017 928.JPG

Some are very, very stubborn, especially with original carpet. The edge sort of "locks" the frame after compressing the carpet for a long time.

Some are very, very stubborn, especially with original carpet. The edge sort of "locks" the frame after compressing the carpet for a long time.
I can see that happening.

As Dadsbee said push down and push back then lift. One side at a time.

I noticed the top tank on the original radiator has a hair line crack. You can tell It's been worked on before. Closest repair shop is 30 miles away. Said they could TRY and repair it. Now I'm a little hesitant to take it to him. Any suggestions?

I can see that happening.
Congrats man! I started reading this thread and when you mentioned that the seller was going to check with his son I skipped to the end of the story. Cool car. Have fun.

You should start a build thread in either the new 68 to 70 Charger forum, or the members project section on here,about your car.

Some are very, very stubborn, especially with original carpet. The edge sort of "locks" the frame after compressing the carpet for a long time.[/QUOTE
Man, I just can't get the seat unhooked.

Man, I just can't get the seat unhooked.

It is hard to describe the method that has worked well for me. My suggestion is not to try to do it hard and slow, but rather to try a quick motion. Move the front seats up and out of the way as much as possible. Then get in the car and whack the seat back with a quick, sharp motion using your back, right around the belt line. Use your hands on either side of your body to initially hold the seat down but then pull up after you whack the seat.

It sounds goofy, and as I try to write about it above it seems even goofier, but I have found this technique works well for me.

Good Luck,

Hawk

Auto Transport Service
Back