• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 coronet.. can it be saved?

Anything / everything can be saved. It all depends on how deep your wallet is and your motivation

'72 Challenger.jpgbefore after.jpg Yes it can be saved but you really have to want it and have the desire to learn (if you do it yourself). This car took me 7 years and about 4000 hours. All in all very rewarding but once is enough for that extensive of a project. I was lucky to have a very sound roof and trunk gutters even though it was an Illinois car. My front frame rails were usable also. This was a '72 with 318 auto and console. Certainly helps to have a decent dedicated place to work. Measure 5X and cut/weld once. About 2000 to 2007.

View attachment 1618976View attachment 1618978 Yes it can be saved but you really have to want it and have the desire to learn (if you do it yourself). This car took me 7 years and about 4000 hours. All in all very rewarding but once is enough for that extensive of a project. I was lucky to have a very sound roof and trunk gutters even though it was an Illinois car. My front frame rails were usable also. This was a '72 with 318 auto and console. Certainly helps to have a decent dedicated place to work. Measure 5X and cut/weld once. About 2000 to 2007.
You really must have wanted that car!! Congratulations.

I will continue my search for something better. I’m bummed the roadrunner I was at on sold the week before I could get there.

If anyone has a good roller in Texas I’ve got some cash and a nice 451 in the shop looking for a nice home.

I will continue my search for something better. I’m bummed the roadrunner I was at on sold the week before I could get there.

If anyone has a good roller in Texas I’ve got some cash and a nice 451 in the shop looking for a nice home.
Whoever bought might have just done you a favour.

Been there done that - took 15 years and I nearly threw it away 6 times.

Auto Transport Service
Back