• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet R/T 512 engine build

1969CoronetR/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
I had my 440 engine rebuilt and stroked to a 512 by Wheeler in Wisconsin. I am impressed with the dyno numbers and can't wait for the car to be done to test out the engine.

Attachments

• Engine Dyno Results new roller cam.pdf
    985.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Cam Specs.pdf
    415.2 KB · Views: 176
Good stout numbers! Should run good man!

Very nice. I have heard nothing but good things about Wheeler. Hope you added frame connectors and torque boxes with all that power.

Yeah, I had the flat tappet taken out and a roller installed. I have US Car Tool torque boxes and frame connectors welded in the car. It has been at MCR for close to two years and I suspect it will be another 6 months before it is all finished.

nice pics of the work going into the car. youre going to be very happy when it gets back to you.

watermelon

Unfortunately, I may have to sell it as I am going through a divorce. That or chop it in a 60/40 split with a sawz-all

Unfortunately, I may have to sell it as I am going through a divorce. That or chop it in a 60/40 split with a sawz-all
Yikes, that sucks. I feel for you as I went through a nasty divorce 15 years ago. Had to give the B 1/2 of everything even though I made it all. Hopefully you come out better than I did. You still own that yellow RT and the red Mr. Norms car?

We were married for almost 18 years and she was a stay at home mother. She gave me three beautiful daughters so I cannot complain too much. I had four stents put in my RCA seven years ago when I was 39 years old. I started to run and ended up running 12 miles day (crazy I know) and would ignore her from exhaustion. Well, after she filed divorce, I found a loving woman who puts up with me. It sucks, but I miss seeing my daughters everyday the most.

We were married for almost 18 years and she was a stay at home mother. She gave me three beautiful daughters so I cannot complain too much. I had four stents put in my RCA seven years ago when I was 39 years old. I started to run and ended up running 12 miles day (crazy I know) and would ignore her from exhaustion. Well, after she filed divorce, I found a loving woman who puts up with me. It sucks, but I miss seeing my daughters everyday the most.

Hang in there, Anyone that runs or owns a road bike knows you do your best thinking and problem solving on those long runs or rides. I'm sure things will work out.

I had my 440 engine rebuilt and stroked to a 512 by Wheeler in Wisconsin. I am impressed with the dyno numbers and can't wait for the car to be done to test out the engine.

What heads did you use. I'm getting ready to build a 512 and think I'm going to use the Trick Flow 240 with a roller cam.

Auto Transport Service
Back