• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet RT 440 Engine Brackets Mounts Question

KidCoronet

Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
Got the 440 installed yesterday but when bolting up the rubber tranny mount I noticed the 2 bolt holes are off about a 1/2 inch or so and want to make sure I have my steel mounts on the correct side. The steel mount with the long bolt is on the drivers side which is how I remember them coming off. Do I have this correct? The picture is of the passenger side mount. Everything seemed to settle nicely in place but just trying to troubleshoot the tranny mount issue. Thanks!

IMG_0201.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

Got the 440 installed yesterday but when bolting up the rubber tranny mount I noticed the 2 bolt holes are off about a 1/2 inch or so and want to make sure I have my steel mounts on the correct side. The steel mount with the long bolt is on the drivers side which is how I remember them coming off. Do I have this correct? The picture is of the passenger side mount. Everything seemed to settle nicely in place but just trying to troubleshoot the tranny mount issue. Thanks!

View attachment 1585891

View attachment 1585892

IMG_0202.JPG

The tran mount holes are oblong so you should be good to bolt up.
1704560146319.png

Something does not look right. The mounts locating pins do not seem to be in the k holes.

Thanks guys I figured things out. The mounts are in correctly just needed a little nudge then some minor adjusting to get the trans mount lined up. She's good to go! Thanks

I've used those mounts. They just don't sit down properly.

I've used those mounts. They just don't sit down properly.
You nailed it. Everything is sitting perfect now but the locating pin in the passenger side mount in the photo doesn't want to properly engage. I do remember comparing these mounts to my old 25 year old mounts before installing them and the pins on these were not as stout. I picked these up at Napa but will likely swap them out with some higher quality ones at some point.

Auto Transport Service
Back