• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet trunk lid

JimKueneman

Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
could anyone with a 68 Coronet take photos of the key latch area and a few shots showing the curvature of the trunk lid after it rolls over and angles back (were the key hole is) or is is flat?

I am needing to rebuild mine and it has already been hacked on and the key hole is brazed and rusted out. I can't really tell what it should look like

Thanks
Jim

Morning. Figured Id pop in to answer your question.

The entire bottom section (the face the keyhole is on) actually has curvature to it. It is concave across the entire width of the lid. When I recently did this repair panel, I rolled it through the English wheel just a bit to create the curvature needed.
The issue is, that because the deck lid has a peak in the center, you cant just form that curve over the edge of your table for the entire width of the panel. You need to know your center line, and form the curvature from the outer edge, to the center line of the panel. Separately... for each side.

Hope these images help. :)

GPuHdCr7MrfXRJKIlDGjS54kFhFpXSKRm_v90aGOE8Ef4C2cQFnFn0zD2eqqMuCmm0EQ1vvIoUXTy91tFbw=w550-h733-no.jpg

2qGIf3RD6xmQtpfNFkD3rfBE4hipeWtEsBRpl5yyYH4iXa4ipysy4AwnV_RBp0HnE8drcBKobXVys6swXGc=w550-h733-no.jpg

sg7cP7M0SGIo35wV6EX1vCbrmZMEbbMDmyS2cPhY4TMmqUxQNYASuWKm64118B-rpb0gK8XVMlKuUAMmdus=w550-h733-no.jpg

JdJNrSjo4PW5-vC9d3rgUERPQQHCo0m8I8FRJLgZIUa49tbk1kIkfAjnOaD5LPInR9pobJ-lBOuavbiwAc=w1303-h733-no.jpg

Did you drill little holes where you put the fold lines? What are those marks?

Those are punch marks from transferring my paper pattern to the sheet metal. They are my map so to speak. (small enough to fill with sanding primer or filler if need be)

Sorry 1000 questions. Is your car the light turquoise? Do you have a photo? My stock color is white, the wife hates it. I am leaning towards one of the turquoises or bronze

IMG_2267.JPG
It's curved slightly like the rest of the lip. I had to repair mine as well. Sorry for the dust and dirt. It's been sitting in the corner waiting for the body to get done. If you need anymore specific let me know.

Hi mate. Does that mean that one is available (which would be great)? How much would you be after? Kind regards, Terry

Great idea...make and sell the template. Nice body work, deck lid looks great!!
HR 20

Auto Transport Service
Back