• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Dodge Charger (Trying to finish this one before I start another)LoL

Sucks to hear both about the diff and the hood (still!). Hopefully both get sorted quick and you're putting some real miles on that gorgeous charger soon!!

Yeah Mike it stinks about the axle but I am going take the opportunity to change the gears.I have 3.73 in the axle and I am changing to 4.11
Even with all the power I make I didn't like were the gearing was. The cool thing is the place I took it to said they can fix it and have it back to me on Friday so I can drive it
this weekend.The hood well I guess this is a lesson in patience.
The Diff Shop is were I am having it fixed.The Owner Darold is super cool for anyone I my neck of the woods that needs axle work.

I think the rear end just heard what was up front in the engine bay and crapped itself haha. Bummer, but good luck on a quick repair so we can get a video of how hard this thing pulls

I remember in your Dyno post you said you had a pretty beefed up 489 so here's hoping it's a quick fix and you're happy with those 4:10's! Refresh my memory... 5 speed?? Where will the 4:10's put you cruising in 5th at 75mph?

Here are some pics of the hood painted. The guy who painted it did a fade on the front of the hood with out asking me.Not sure If I like it.I am not going to ask him to repaint it.If after I get it on the car and don't like it.I have another plan in place already.
Mike looks Like I got ripped off by Quick Performance. They charged me to build a really nice Detroit posi unit but when The Diff Shop took the posi unit apart he found that the case was a chinese knock off of the original power lock that Chrysler built.The case wasn't heat treated so just driving the car without even that much abuse destroyed it. So He is ordering me a Eaton TruTrac or a Moser SmoothTrac. The Diff Shop is going to save the case to give back so he can show me what happened. I guess no testing this weekend. Oh well the weather in Colorado Springs this weekend isn't that great anyway.I should have it back on Wednesday and hopefully I can drive the car and get my hood back by friday.

IMG_0403.jpgIMG_0404.jpgIMG_0405.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I remember in your Dyno post you said you had a pretty beefed up 489 so here's hoping it's a quick fix and you're happy with those 4:10's! Refresh my memory... 5 speed?? Where will the 4:10's put you cruising in 5th at 75mph?

When I get the car on the road next weekend I will run it up to 75 and let you know what rpm I am at.

Hard to get the impact of the fade from pictures but it's your car and you need to be happy with it so I hope it suits your taste! For what it's worth i think it looks awesome in the pics!!

If not I would tell him he's repainting it at the end of the season and at least get it on the car and enjoy while you can!

Really sucks hearing about what happened with your diff! Sounds like you're already set but I dealt with Cass at Dr. Diff like a lot of other guys on here and he's really great to deal with and sells quality!

Last edited:
All I can say is kick *** ride, that's some serious stuff you got going on over there.

Got the hood on the car.Just before it rained.
Here is the custom front end that I built for this car. Any guesses on how I did it??LOL
Forgive me I haven't had a chance to wash and shine her up.Been working out some bugs.

IMG_0424.jpgIMG_0425_2.jpgIMG_0426.jpgIMG_0427.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back