• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 dodge coronet magnum 500 wheel?

Moparsam

Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Hi all. Have a question i have 1968 dodge coronet 318 10 inch drum brakes. My question is i have 14x7 magnum wheels on front but need a 1/4 spacers to keep from rubbing. What 14x6 wheel size backspace do i need with out spacer? Thanks in advace, i appreciate it.

They rub on the inner apron /frame rail area? At the rear?
Don't turn so far.
Rub at the front fender lip? May need some wheel alignment work.

Couldn't tell you but maybe you can measure the backspace of the wheel and then add the width of the spacer to come up with a number. I had a magnum 500 spare with a lead weight that would rub on the edge of the upper control arm. Had to remove the weight then it barely had enough clearance.

Hi all. Have a question i have 1968 dodge coronet 318 10 inch drum brakes. My question is i have 14x7 magnum wheels on front but need a 1/4 spacers to keep from rubbing. What 14x6 wheel size backspace do i need with out spacer? Thanks in advace, i appreciate it.
The 14x7's were Ford wheels and require the spacer to clear the control arm lip. The 14x6 should not need a spacer.
Rick

I have always prefered the look of a 15x7’s even though they never came stock with them. They seem to fill out the wheel well giving them a better look.

The 14x7 in the front rub the upper control arms. It has the original wheel studs and with the spacer i lose a couple of turns on the lug nuts. Were the originals 14x6? Thanks

The official "road wheel" ( s.s )came out in 69. The pre "road wheel" 9 chrome center) Both were 14 x 5.5".

I learned this long ago about the Ford chrome magnum 500's, due to the design of the outer wheel lip step on the rim they will hit on the control arms on the front. You can run the ford units on the rear with no issues though.

Thanks, these are aftermarket and from coker. Says they'll work on ford, mopar applications. Must just because of the 5x4.5 lug pattern. They have them in 14x6 with 3.75 backspacing. The 14x7 I have use 4.5 backspace, and i need 1/4 spacers to clear. If math right should give me 1/2 clearance.

Anybody have a picture of the mopar and ford wheels side by side?

Auto Transport Service
Back