• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Plymouth GTX

Hope you welded that front closed
Neither mirror will cover them all

Hope you welded that front closed
Neither mirror will cover them all
No, I didn't and you are right. I put the mirror gasket over the holes and half of that front hole isn't covered. Guess that's what I get for assuming there was a front screw hole. :(

Looking at things, I am thinking it would be best to go with the non-remote mirror rather than drilling a hold in the door panel.

Well that sucks... I hate when painted parts wind up needing more work....

I found a couple of more pictures of the remote location that I will post here for anyone searching in the future.
Remote Control Mirror Measurement.jpg

Remote Control Mirror Measurement 1.jpg

Remote Control Placement.jpeg

My car came with disc brakes installed on the front. The hydraulic lines that hook to the calipers have a small washers (copper? brass?) that I need to replace. Since it is not a stock part, I have no idea what or where to get them. eBay has some listed for 10-20+ dollars EACH! :eek:

Disc Brake Caliper 1.JPG

More disc brake questions. Yes, I did use the search function but can't seem to find the information I am looking for.

My car had the disc brakes installed on the front side of the wheels and they had cut off the sway bar mounts to get them on there.
I switched the spindles so the caliper mount on the back side and repaired the lower control arms so as to install the sway bar.

Right now I am having an issue with the brake hoses running from the calipers. I believe the calipers were positioned so the banjo bolts were toward the bottom with the metal portion of the brake line pointing down as well.

Here's a picture of the right side before I removed it:
Disc Brakes on Front.JPG

Here it is removed:
Brake Rotor and Caliper Right.JPG

So imagine it now installed on the left side of the car. The metal portion of the hose is very close to hitting the lower control arm.
I never drove the car before I bought it, because the engine and transmission had already been pulled. So I don't know if it had a full turning radius or not?

My thinking is to replace the hoses but I am not sure what to buy that would fit these calipers properly. Is there something I am overlooking?

When I did the disc swap on my '69 I ended up using banjo to AN fittings on the calipers, stainless AN brake hoses with a 90 on the caliper end and inverted flare to AN fittings at the hard lines.

Last edited:
When I did the disc swap on my '69 I ended up using banjo to AN fittings on the calipers, stainless AN brake hoses with a 90 on the caliper end and inverted flare to AN fittings at the hard lines.
By chance would you still have a link to those?

It was like 15 years ago. I’ll do some digging when I get home tonight, but can’t promise anything…
No worries, I did some measuring and my banjo bolts are 7/16" and the AN fitting is 3/8". The lines I have are 14" long which appear to be about 2" shorter than needed.

One question, were those 90 degree banjo fittings attached to the hoses?

No worries, I did some measuring and my banjo bolts are 7/16" and the AN fitting is 3/8". The lines I have are 14" long which appear to be about 2" shorter than needed.

One question, were those 90 degree banjo fittings attached to the hoses?

The banjo fittings were straight, the 90 degree fitting was crimped on one end of the hose like this…

You can use Camaro brake hoses (I can get you the part# if you wish. I used 'em on my '66 Coronet with the later disc setup like yours.

You can use Camaro brake hoses (I can get you the part# if you wish. I used 'em on my '66 Coronet with the later disc setup like yours.
Thanks but I placed an order for the hoses earlier today.

Got them installed:
Rightside Rotor and Caliper Installed.JPG

Leftside Rotor and Caliper Installed.JPG

Torsion bars and struts are in. In need to buy a sway bar with all the connectors next since the car didn't come with one.
Gonna need new tie rod ends as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back