• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Plymouth Satellite Convertible BB 4 speed production numbers?

Jireh Customs

Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
1968 Plymouth Satellite Convertible BB 4 speed production numbers? How many were made and where can we find this information?

From Galen Govier's white books:

10 with a 383-2

16 with a 383-4

Considerably more in the more desirable 1968 SPORT SATELLITE.

Mopars at the wave.

I see your in Decatur Alabama..... Were you at the "Mopars at the wave" show in Mallard Point last Saturday. It was a nice show.

I see your in Decatur Alabama..... Were you at the "Mopars at the wave" show in Mallard Point last Saturday. It was a nice show.

I was there for a little while. I was picking up some parts from Stephen's Performance for a customers car and passing out flyers. Our restoration shop is in Decatur.

1968 Plymouth Satellite Convertible BB 4 speed production numbers? How many were made and where can we find this information?

My step father had a Dark Green w/white vinyl top 68 BB 4sd Sport Satellite HT, way back in the day, I think it was the start of my love of Mopar's...Great cars.

I apologize guys. I was going off of memory from information from a customer as the car is not yet in the shop. He has several projects lined up to bring us from his collection. It is a 69.
He also has a 68 Road Runner that he is bringing us when the convertible is finished.

Poor guy has 2 great B-Bodies...

Here are the #'s your looking for now that we know it"s a `69
383 4bbl=44
and no 383 2bbl 4 spds.

The car was originally gold. Now it is a funky brown. The customer wants to paint it yellow. I think it will look great. I know he is building it to resale so it may be worth more in gold.

With so few produced, does anyone know what a "good driver" value is? Have any of these gone at auction or changed hands lately?

There was a nice green '68 that brought a high bid of $11,000 on the bag recently (no sale). Granted, it was a small block car, but there was also a 383 with a 5 speed that didn't fetch more than $17,000 (no sale either). IMHO the cars were worth more, but the bidders obviously disagree.

I ran across this site and this thread while researching one of my cars. I have a 68 Sport Satellite, and wanted to find out how many were produced in the color combo I have. I think it may be pretty rare and would love more info on it. The car is a 383 4 speed, black with white interior. (white and maroon to be exact). Does anybody know any production numbers for this car?

here is a couple pix

IMG_9288.gif

IMG9477-X3.gif

I ran across this site and this thread while researching one of my cars. I have a 68 Sport Satellite, and wanted to find out how many were produced in the color combo I have. I think it may be pretty rare and would love more info on it. The car is a 383 4 speed, black with white interior. (white and maroon to be exact). Does anybody know any production numbers for this car?

Assuming the car is a 383-4:

3307 total
2292 auto trans
1015 4 speeds

If it was a 383-2 (which they made with a 4 speed,) much less. 338.

There are no records for colors or options so this is as far as you will ever be able to break it down.

BTW, most of our old Mopar high performance cars are pretty rare when you compare them to GM or Ford.

It is my opinion for a Mopar to be considered rare the number is 25 or less built new.

They made around 100 each of the 1965 A990 Hemi cars in Dodge and Plymouth and they were strip ONLY cars that were not even supposed to be licensed on the street. So, from this point of view with a car with limited sales potential (race only) that is a lot of cars.

Rare does not always mean high value because often times a low production number for a car simply meant it was not all that popular of a model with specific equipment.

Not saying YOUR car is not valuable just remarking about your rarity comment.
If your car is a 383-4 it was likely ordered as an "insurance get around" as the same equipped car in a Road Runner would have had a higher insurance premium.

Yep, it was ordered as a 'insurance get around".. I have the order sheet when the kid put his deposit down, and still had to get his Mother's approval..! They noted that on the paperwork. it is a 383 4bbl, 4 speed car. I'm not looking for a higher value, just thought the black and white color combo may have been rare at that time. I just love this car and want to know more about how many were made. Your info helps, thank you..

Auto Transport Service
Back