• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1968 Plymouth Sport Satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Ward

Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1968 Plymouth Sport Satellite 2dr hardtop.

318 cid engine, 116K miles. 904 Torqueflite transmission, 8-3/4" rear end. Manual brakes, power steering, gold interior with bucket seats. This is a factory AC car and although I removed the AC lines and compressor with the intent to restore them, they have not been reinstalled on the car. Buyer will receive all the parts I removed.

This car was pulled out of storage in 2014 where it had sat for 30 years. I've had this car for a bit over a year now and have completely rebuilt the brakes, front suspension and fuel system (including a new fuel tank and sending unit). It has new tires all the way around (wheels are 14" Magnum 500's), a new battery and runs like a champ. In fact, I just drove it to and from Colorado on vacation where it knocked down over 16 mpg @ 80 mph.

Although the car is a bit rough around the edges and will need replacement quarters or patch panels, every other part about this ride is solid as a rock. The frame rails, trunk floor and floor pans are as nice as I have ever seen. The front suspension was entirely rebuilt. I used all Moog parts: upper and lower ball joints, upper and lower control arm bushings, inner and outer tie rod ends & sleeves, a new idler arm and shocks. The brakes have been completely gone through, including all new rubber brake hoses, all new wheel cylinders, all new brake shoes hardware and drums (10" diameter, front and rear). The front seats need recovered and it will need new carpet, but the rear seats, headliner, dash and door panels are gorgeous.

I recently pulled the engine and put in all new gaskets, seals and freeze plugs. After setting for 30 years, they all needed replaced. While I had it apart, I also put in a new Cloyes double row timing chain set. There is still plenty to be done to the car, but it is a VERY solid starting point for a total restoration, restso-mod project or maybe a GTX clone or tribute. I cannot stress how solid this car is. Photos of interior are from the day I dragged it out of storage. It has since been cleaned up nicely, but the front seats still need to be recovered.

Asking $8500 firm. Interesting trades considered.

Please contact me via private message here on FBBO. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• bw2.jpg
    bw2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,679
  • cruise.jpg
    cruise.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,686
  • plymouth006_zps2a1a84fc.jpg
    plymouth006_zps2a1a84fc.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,619
  • plymouth012_zps655d77e1.jpg
    plymouth012_zps655d77e1.jpg