• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Road Runner from Spain

Misaeus

Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm Misaeus, 36 old, from Barcelona, Spain, Europe... And the proud owner of a 1968 Plymouth Road Runner.

I aways loved Mopars, specially B-Bodies.

It all started when I was a kid, in Brazil, and the Darts and Chargers ruled the streets and also looked better than the competition...

Brazilian built Dodge Darts (1969-1978 = 1969 American Model, 1979-1981 = 1976 American model. 2 dr hardtop and 4 dr sedan) and Dart based Charger R/Ts (1971-1980. 2 dr hardtop) were not comparable with the American Mopars because the only engine was the 318 ci (205 hp Darts and 215 hp Chargers), but these engines were the biggest and most powerfull and the cars the quickest and fastest...
Competitors were the Ford Maverick GT 302 with 197 hp and the German Opel Rekord based Chevrolet Opala SS with an American GM 250 ci inline 6 engine producing 140 hp (less powerfull but lighter than the Dodges and Fords).
Those were the Brazilian "muscle cars" and I don't know exactly why but I liked the Dodges better...

My dad, influenced by me, bought a red 1979 Dart 2 dr hardtop, 318, console 4 speed, black vinil bucket interior, PS, PB (front discs)... then the Dart was repainted a brighter shade of red with emblems, side markers and some moldings deleted, the front end was lowered and a pair of straight pipes instaled in place of the single exhaust line...
I learned how to drive in that Dart!

By other side, movies like Bullitt, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Vanishing Point and the tv show The Dukes of Hazzard and cars featured in magazines such as Popular Hot Rodding, Hot Rod and Car Craft, attracted me to American Mopars and the beautiful B-Bodies!

Several years later, around late 2005 and now living in Barcelona, Spain, I finally bought my first Mopar, a B-Body!!! A '68 Road Runner I imported from Texas. It was the first Road Runner registered here in my country.

Here some pics, and more can be seen in my gallery.

30ixso3.jpg

250kw0n.jpg

10pow7c.jpg

vii4n9.jpg

I'm building it in a late 60s/early 70s street machine/street racer style...

I want to replace the floor shifter with a period correct unit, the Flowmasters with some straight-through mufflers and also replace de induction system with a dual quad setup, maybe even a tunnel ram...

Welcome to FBBO Misaeus! Where were those pics taken ... in Texas? If so, do you have any current ones?

Welcome, nice Road runner, you must get a lot of attention on the streets of Spain!.

Thanks guys!

Lots of cool cars here!

Where were those pics taken ... in Texas? If so, do you have any current ones?

The pics are in Spain actually and so are the pics in my gallery.

Here's a link where you can see more pics of my car in Louisiana, Texas and finally in Spain with some comments and explanations: www.flickr.com/photos/misaeus

you must get a lot of attention on the streets of Spain!

Here in Spain a car like my Road Runner is not for the timid...
One rarelly sees an American car, classic or late model, in the streets here in my country. They are/were not popular here and are considered, includind by their owners, out of place... Almost aways people ask us about the poor fuel consumption, if the engine is a huge 3.0 or 3.5 liter, if we can find places to park these huge cars, if we can find parts here in our country... But usually most people give us thumbs up when they see our cars in the streets or in our meetings!

I love to drive it!!!

A big part of the American car owners here only drive their cars to the meetings and don't drive in the streets regularly... but we have great American cars over here, including some nice Mopars, as you can see in the pics of our biggest annual American cars meeting with around 200 cars: http://cccae.mforos.com/1055557/8705007-platja-d-aro-2009-20e-aniversario/ (My car was not there this year because of problems with the power steering box...)

WOW! lookin good!

Welcome aboard!

I just took a look at the link of your car and the rear shackle is disturbing. It's leaning the wrong way. It should not be in that position.

Please do me a favor and post a shot of this area as the car sits normally, level on the ground.

Thanks Rob!

the rear shackle is disturbing. It's leaning the wrong way. It should not be in that position.

post a shot of this area as the car sits normally, level on the ground.

LOL, it's only because the car was off the ground suspended by the frames and with the rear shocks disconnected...

k4ht1w.jpg

Wow, don't know what is better to look at, the MOPARs, or, the women in your link to the American Car Club in Spain! They have some nice arse's over there, man....very nice!

I love long distance relationships ! Very nice ride for sure !!

Thanks guys!

Lots of cool cars here!

The pics are in Spain actually and so are the pics in my gallery.

Ok, I was wondering becasue I noticed the Summit banner, the American flags and a canopy in the picture that said America on it. Love the RR!

Hi Misaeus! Welcome! Nice Bird you have there. I used to own one too and is currently living somewhere in Germany in the Hamburg neighborhood.

I love Barcelone! Just got back...

Greetings from The Netherlands

Welcome! Great looking ride!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back