• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Satellite Convertible

dartforforty

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
Sold this car to a member on the moparts board back in the late 90's
1968 Satellite convertible, factory 383, four speed car.
Looking to see if it is still out there and maybe be able to buy it back
It went to some one in the upper central US
I do not have a vin to go by
Contact me through with any information you may have

Thanks
Ed

gI4M5UD.jpg

Thanks, but no.
Mine was a factory built BB 4 speed car.
I would like to own my old car again.

Chromed hood hinges, allen head bolts holding them on, pin striping around the front fender scripts and those fancy breathers on the valve covers all hard to miss. Did it have a scatter shield, pinion snubber, hemi 4 speed and possibly electric fuel pump mounted by the rear shocks? According to the fender tag an original 383 4 speed car. Believe I've got your old car.

Chromed hood hinges, allen head bolts holding them on, pin striping around the front fender scripts and those fancy breathers on the valve covers all hard to miss. Did it have a scatter shield, pinion snubber, hemi 4 speed and possibly electric fuel pump mounted by the rear shocks? According to the fender tag an original 383 4 speed car. Believe I've got your old car.

It was a factory 383 four speed car and it had a scatter shield.
Did you buy the car from me?
The guy who bought it lived near you.
What shape is the car in now? Any recent pics?

Ed

I traded a 56 Chevy I'd owned for 40 years for it last fall. It had been sitting for a while. Brakes were bad from sitting. Had a 68 440 in it, aftermarket Hurst shifter, chain on driver's motor mount, etc.

Has quarters on it and a 69 driver's HT door. Had been jammed in what appears to be the original blue.

Seats are rougher than your pics show. No carpet. Exhaust was junk and super comp headers junk too, although they were a work of art. Rear window is gone. I pulled and sold the 440, scattershield and 4 speed over the last 4 months.

I've gone through brakes but not bled yet. Was actually working on a 383, stock bellhousing and conventional 833 to drop in it this week yet. I planned to make it look pretty stock with right bellhousing, intake, AVS, air cleaner, etc.

Purchased missing door trim. Found vent window, door glass for driver's door and a correct shifter, plus had repo HP manifolds with it when I got it.

It had been converted to electronic ignition. Tach on column and some aftermarket gauges added to the dash. 3.55 sure grip and newer gas tank. Most eletrical seems to work yet. Believe it or not I've not even tried the top yet to see if it works.

Doors, quarters and trunk lid are black primer. Front clip still in tired black repaint. Doors open and shut well. It's been up and down on my asymetric hoist several times and the structure seems sound yet.

Hood emblem says 383. I checked some site regarding the fender tag and it claimed a one of 16 car.

The guy I got it from thought it had come out of Texas before him. I can send you some pictures from my phone if you'd provide a phone # , probably via pm.

Sounds exactly like my car.
There were 2 cracks in the floor under the rear seat where the rear frame rails ended.
I will send you a PM with my phone number

Thanks
Ed

I'm taking the liberty of posting current photos here too, in addition to you via PM. I'd guess there are others on the forum who'd be curious to see how a car like this looks 20 years later. There are some cracks in the rear floor pan. I've been sizing up frame connectors. A local guy has a 68 GTX convertible and he said the difference before and after was impressive.

The driver's hood hinge is off because it was easier to work on the brake lines and master cylinder with it out of the way. I still have the M/T valve covers and some of those fancy T handle screws!

SANY0005 (3).JPG SANY0003 (3).JPG SANY0002 (2).JPG SANY0001 (3).JPG

Last edited:
Ed, just wanted you to see some progress on your old car going back together. I put the hood back on it this evening. Not too far away from firing the engine.

SANY0001 (1).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back