• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969-1970 seat cover stitching color

Kress

Local time
8:19 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what color stitching was used on the seats of the 1969 Coronet 500? I have owned my vehicle since 1978 and the seat stitching is an ivory color with dark blue vinyl. The build tag was still under the back seat cushion, so the covers have never been changed. I came across a 1970 Barracuda with black vinyl seats that had ivory stitching; the owner had the car since new and still has the original interior. Legendary Auto Interiors makes replacement covers and they seem to think the stitching is the same color as the vinyl used. Does anyone have accurate information?

I think Legendary is correct with their opinion. It is normal for the thread used back when these cars were made to loose its color and become the color you have indicated. Today's threads are much more color fast and most are much better quality than originally used. All the thread I use are synthetic as apposed to cotton used back in the day. That discoloration is one good way to id. original unmolested covers. Hope this helps.

Bill

Auto Transport Service
Back