• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Coronet hood extension pics needed

440beep

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:44 PM
Reaction score
I'm working on installing a '69 Coronet hood extension piece soon, and I need pics of how its mounted, specifically what the screws look like. Assuming the mounting screws are sheet metal screws; any washers on them? Curious at how big the screw heads are.

TIA!!!!

Nobody has a 1969 Coronet and can take pictures of how the hood extension mounts for me please? I know it looks pretty straightforward, but I'm **** about things like this and want to do it right.

I will take you some tonight. b right back

- - - Updated - - -

car parts 001.JPGcar parts 002.JPGcar parts 003.JPGcar parts 004.JPGhope these help.

Good on ya!!!!!:hello2:

I'm assuming those are just sheet metal screws, or are there bolts that attach to secure the screws?

yes they are just sheet metal screws. # 12 screws I believe. no nuts. if your using a 68 hood on a 69 just drill a few practice holes first on a pc. of scrap metal and make sure the hole is the right size.
Kevin

No no, its a 69 hood and its just missing that piece now somehow. Thanks for all the help. May go out now and get some #12 screws and some other stuff to prep it and paint it.

Great! post some pics of the car some time, love to see some. should be easy and fun to do. good luck w/your project.

Auto Transport Service
Back