• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Coronet R/T Convertible 'Audrey'

What kind of tires should I get for Audrey?

• BF Goodrich Silvertown White Stripe Radial

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Looking GREAT !! While you're waiting, move that negative cable to it's correct location BETWEEN the throttle return springs bracket and the intake manifold.

beerestoration2018 1229.JPG

This is from the Mymopar option code chart:

V3* 69-71 Convertible Top
* Missing digit represents color choices
W - White
X - Black
9 - Special Order

Seems like you could be correct in it being buyer's choice. Probably just for a special order though. I haven't seen many mismatched convertible tops to interiors in black and white.

Yeah, I honestly don’t know what was standard but I don’t know of any prohibition against a black car with white interior black top and red stripe.

This is from the Mymopar option code chart:

V3* 69-71 Convertible Top
* Missing digit represents color choices
W - White
X - Black
9 - Special Order

Seems like you could be correct in it being buyer's choice. Probably just for a special order though. I haven't seen many mismatched convertible tops to interiors in black and white.

Yeah, I honestly don’t know what was standard but I don’t know of any prohibition against a black car with white interior black top and red stripe.

I honestly believe the top and stripe were just part of the order initially but have no proof. I wouldn't restore the body until you want to loose all your hair, I had the most fun with mine when it was nice not super nice. I'll post the MCG article since I told you in our conversation that I will. There is also a bunch of good shots of mine on the A12 site from when I had it forsale years back I believe.
Ron
CORONETRTMAG.jpg
CORONETRTMAG.jpg
CORONETRTMAG2.jpg
CORONETRTMAG1.jpg CORONETRTMAG3.jpg CORONETRTMAG4.jpg CORONETRTMAG5.jpg

...I wouldn't restore the body until you want to loose all your hair, I had the most fun with mine when it was nice not super nice. I'll post the MCG article since I told you in our conversation that I will...View attachment 585785 View attachment 585785 View attachment 585788 View attachment 585787 View attachment 585791 View attachment 585792 View attachment 585793

Ron, thank you for sharing! I do remember seeing that article in MCG now that I think about it! I'm going to have to go back and pull it. I echo Doug's sentiment on this car! I'm especially loving those recall wheels, white stripe, rallye dash...not to mention power windows, and dual mirrors! :lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown:

I honestly believe the top and stripe were just part of the order initially but have no proof. I wouldn't restore the body until you want to loose all your hair, I had the most fun with mine when it was nice not super nice. I'll post the MCG article since I told you in our conversation that I will. There is also a bunch of good shots of mine on the A12 site from when I had it forsale years back I believe.
RonView attachment 585785 View attachment 585785 View attachment 585788 View attachment 585787 View attachment 585791 View attachment 585792 View attachment 585793

You beat me to it.

Beautiful job.

RonView attachment 585785 View attachment 585785 View attachment 585788 View attachment 585787 View attachment 585791 View attachment 585792 View attachment 585793
WOW!! Nice car Ron!!

Great looking cars! I'm not sure I will ever get around to restoring the body of mine like I want to.
There is pinhole rust-through in the floor pan, mostly front passenger side, and someone put a two-piece trunk pan in, and not so well done, and the body work is showing where the rear quarters were replaced too.
69CoronetTag.jpg

Great looking cars! I'm not sure I will ever get around to restoring the body of mine like I want to.
There is pinhole rust-through in the floor pan, mostly front passenger side, and someone put a two-piece trunk pan in, and not so well done, and the body work is showing where the rear quarters were replaced too.
View attachment 585889

I’m going to have to run some comparisons. B5/D21 seems to be quite prevalent.

I’m going to have to run some comparisons. B5/D21 seems to be quite prevalent.

Doug I think in 1969 Henry Ford was selling R/T's!!! You can have it in any color you want as long as it's B5!!!!

Doug I think in 1969 Henry Ford was selling R/T's!!! You can have it in any color you want as long as it's B5!!!!

lol...either that or there were quite a few lemmings in 1969 that was like 'I want the exact same one that's on the 1969 Dodge showroom brochure'. :)

The new accurate exhaust tips came in and man do they look amazing!!

IMG_7139.JPG

Radiator was installed back into the car today as well. Getting closer! :)

IMG_7130.JPG
IMG_7131.JPG

IMG_7140.JPG

You guys have forced me to finally satisfy my curiosity. I pulled this together tonight.

DISCLAIMER! This is my work and my work only from cars I've found over the years. No speculation or extrapolating should be done due to such a small sample size.

Numbers listed under D21 and D32 are cars that I believe I have the correct original factory combination documented via a BS, Fender tag or visual. D21 and D32 UNCONFIRMED means I know the car color or transmission but cannot verify that was the original combination. OR the car has a known bad fender tag listing a color and tranny that may or may not have been the original. There is one R/T vert out there that has gone through a documented color and transmission swap.

I know of five believed to be original four speed cars that came in B5 (two or three are in this thread). There are two other B5 four speeds out there but I don't know if that is the original combination or not. I know of 14 four speed cars but I know one of them is not original. I suspect another one is not original but can't prove it. I know of more cars but have incomplete data on color or transmission so they are not included in this chart.

On a personal note, I have found two other W1 cars. One was repainted.

so FWIW:

69_RT_vert_Colors_3_22_18.JPG

Troxell's made some more progress on Audrey today. Pulled out the old shaggy carpet...floorboards will certainly need some attention but it could be worse. :)

IMG_7173.JPG
IMG_7172.JPG
IMG_7171.JPG

Exhaust tips were installed as well. Does anyone know how far out they should protrude from the bumper or is it really user preference?

IMG_7146.JPG

Also I heard from Instrument Specialties and it sounds like my instrument cluster should be done this week. :)

Big Thumbs up from a fellow blue/white interior mopar ragtop owner; nothing like the clear sky all around you while cruising.

Thanks Doug! I dunno I've always been a fan of THEEE white R/T! I must admit I'm curious to see more of RJS now that he teased me with that front end shot..and dislike all the past tense I'm hearing when we are referring to it. :-/

I really did luck out when buying my car...but I like to think it's the universe paying me back for some of the better things I've done in my life... ;) My car is going to need a few cosmetic things as things progress but overall she is a very very solid car and when I weighed my options. Option 1: Sink a bunch of money into the body then wait for my savings account to catch up and then in a few more years work on getting it road worthy...or Option 2: Accept that my girl like me isn't perfect and has a few blemishes...enlist the help of my buddy Andy & Troxell's to get it on the road again...enjoy it...then slowly work on a few body things here and there while enjoying it...seemed like the only option to go with.

I think I know someone who can paint fairly well even though he can’t choose aircleaners.

I think I know someone who can paint fairly well even though he can’t choose aircleaners.

lol...haha...love the pep boy air cleaners story...you certainly did an amazing job on your car!! :) I think maybe this coming winter I'll be ready to start looking at tackling some of the body work...I'm kinda afraid if I do tho I won't want to drive it. I hear rumors that when people cross that certain point they get fearful and don't enjoy them as much. We'll see tho....I just wanna get some miles on her and hit some shows :)

RJS gave me some pointers and I decided to place an order with ACC for some replacement carpet for Audrey. Should ship before the week ends....we are getting closer to cranking her up again! Can't wait! :)

RJS gave me some pointers and I decided to place an order with ACC for some replacement carpet for Audrey. Should ship before the week ends....we are getting closer to cranking her up again! Can't wait! :)
Keep it going your doing a great job

Auto Transport Service
Back