• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Charger Power Window Wiring

RT/SE

Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install the dash on my 1969 RT/SE Charger. My car originally came with power windows. I have my original power window harness that lays on the floor of the car and plugs into the power window motors then runs up into drivers kick panel area. Fortunately, that harness is in good shape. My dash harness had to be replaced because the original had been spliced many times before I owned the car.

I do have the factory wiring which connects the power window harness to the circuit breaker on the rear of the gauge cluster. I have attached a photo of that wiring and labeled the connectors #1-#5. I'm trying to figure out the connectors and I'm stumped on #2 and #3. Here's what I've come up with so far:

#1. Plugs into connector on power window circuit breaker on rear of gauge cluster.
#2.
#3.
#4. Power Window Relay
#5. Plugs into power window harness that lays on floor and runs up into drivers kick panel area.

Any help with connectors #2 and #3 would be greatly appreciated!! Would be much easier to address things if needed before the dash is installed. I've also attached a photo of the circuit breaker I mentioned. Thank you!!

IMG_5061.jpg

IMG_4912.jpg

IMG_5908.jpg

IMG_5910.jpg

Last edited:
Did page 8-111 diagram help in the 1969 Service Manual?
What are the colors of #2 and #3? Tan and red?
looks like a jumper type connection, where in plugs into something, and something else connects to it.

Diagram shows a single to single W1-12T to panel so that would be #5.

only wire I red that is red with tracer is a left quarter window. Paired with a Orange with tracer.
Are the wires original colors?
Wonder is a 70 Diagram is better.

Wonder if #2/3 use the radio plug

Last edited:
Did page 8-111 diagram help in the 1969 Service Manual?
What are the colors of #2 and #3? Tan and red?
looks like a jumper type connection, where in plugs into something, and something else connects to it.

Diagram shows a single to single W1-12T to panel so that would be #5.

only wire I red that is red with tracer is a left quarter window. Paired with a Orange with tracer.
Are the wires original colors?
Wonder is a 70 Diagram is better.

Wonder if #2/3 use the radio plug
I just uploaded a close up picture of #2 and #3. I also uploaded a picture of the page 8-111 diagram from the Service Manual you mentioned. The wire colors are tan and orange. Yes, I believe the wires are original colors. I've seen a similar wires listed on Ebay for a 69 Charger Power window car. I just looked at the radio and the plugs don't seem to match up. I'm wondering if they are for some other accessory? Thank you for your response - it is much appreciated!!

I am correct. It gets a signal from the radio circuit.
Unplug the radio, then plug this in series.
Have a photo of your radio plug?
It’s the only 2 connector in the dash harness if I recall.

Last edited:
I am correct. It gets a signal from the radio circuit.
Okay, just took a picture which shows the back of radio. There's a white plug coming out of radio with a red and orange wire. That may have been connected wrong and was in the gray plug from the harness you see in radio photo with 2 orange wires + a red and white wire. That's why I didn't see it before. So that white plug coming out of radio with a red and orange wire connects with plug #2 from my photos? They do match up. Any thoughts on plug #3 from my photos? Thanks again for help!!

IMG_5911.jpg

What radio do you have?
I have the R22 AM/8 track. It’s been updated internally.
Do you have rear factory speakers

What radio do you have?
I have the R22 AM/8 track. It’s been updated internally.
The car originally came with an AM radio. I found a factory AM/FM radio that was restored and is in the dash now. I don't have factory rear speakers. The 2 plugs you circled were connected.

The car originally came with an AM radio. I found a factory AM/FM radio that was restored and is in the dash now. I don't have factory rear speakers. The 2 plugs you circled were connected.
Power windows is connected to those circled.
The other plug on the radio should be for speakers.
Anything else coming out of the radio?
I had my AM/8 track updated to AM/FM MP3 Bluetooth, with USB and Aux.

Power windows is connected to those circled.
The other plug on the radio should be for speakers.
Anything else coming out of the radio?
I had my AM/8 track updated to AM/FM MP3 Bluetooth, with USB and Aux.
When you mentioned plugging things in series - that was helpful. I just went out and took another look and tried again. Plugs #2 and #3 match up - I just took another photo showing what I just did. How do things look now?

IMG_5917.jpg

Looks correct.
Do you have a color laminated wiring diagram? I highly suggest them.

Auto Transport Service
Back