• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Coronet 500

Thanks for the info. Didn't mean to thread jack, crahill car's looking good!

Just went through the whole thread and jumping in to say great job on all that metalwork, looking great and keep up the good work! :icon_thumleft:

Finally found the build sheet for the car.....unfortunately, it was being used as bedding by mice up in the headliner :angryfire:

BuildSheet.jpg

Craig

On top of this project car, grad school, crazy work schedule, and getting my CCIE knocked out, me and the better half will be welcoming a new member to the family this April. How fitting my wife got him his first outfit already.

View attachment 96818

That's cool as hell, Is he born yet ?? congrats either way on the son/future Mopar gear head too, it's funny how life gets in the way & don't let it discourage you... great looking progress on the car... keep up the good work

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Swede.....but I have to give the body work credit to the shop. I am their monkey labor guy at this point. I do all the grinding, cleaning, and dismantling....they come in and handle the body work. It's like an apprenticeship program that I have to pay for :)

your still in there helping

Looks like my first marriage certificate...Hehehehe. I'm with Roger, time to pull out those puzzle skills. Either that or use it next time you play battleship.

That is just how I found my build sheet for / in / my 69' Coronet when I stripped the headlining out when I light weighted mine for Drag Racing.
Strange that !!, your in the State's and I'm and Coronet are in England so could the mice be related !?!?!.

In which plant were your Coronets with the BS in the headliner built? Maybe interesting for the guys who are still searching for a BS (like me) :eek:ccasion14:

Update - I haven't had much time to work on the car over the past 6 weeks. This little guy has all our attention right now and hoping I can get back out to the shop next weekend. Say hello to the newest member of the family and future Mopar enthusiast :)

Jack
Born 7lb 12 oz

Jack1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

In which plant were your Coronets with the BS in the headliner built? Maybe interesting for the guys who are still searching for a BS (like me) :eek:ccasion14:

This car was at built at the St. Louis plant. However, I dont think the BS was stored in the headliner. I found the pieces mixed in with newpaper from 1997 and on both sides of the headliner - I am thinking the mice were just carrying it to that location.

Craig

Congratulations to both you and your wife. Jack sure is a handsome little guy.

Update - I haven't had much time to work on the car over the past 6 weeks. This little guy has all our attention right now and hoping I can get back out to the shop next weekend. Say hello to the newest member of the family and future Mopar enthusiast :)

Jack
Born 7lb 12 oz

Craig

welcome a new FBBO member "little" Jack, aka future Mopar gearhead... Congrats looks like a healthy Boy

- - - Updated - - -

Hey heyyyyyy...Congrat's pops! Cigar's all around!

X2... crahill39 I like the Rothchild cuts stogies

Congrats on Jack. Little ones are always fun. Hows the CCIE coming along? I just got my CCNA and my CCNA Voice. Great work on the car also. :)

Jack
Born 7lb 12 oz

View attachment 118702

- - - Updated - - -

This car was at built at the St. Louis plant. However, I dont think the BS was stored in the headliner. I found the pieces mixed in with newpaper from 1997 and on both sides of the headliner - I am thinking the mice were just carrying it to that location.

Craig

Congrats man! Cute little young one.. Seems like a long time but before you know it, you'll be hearing can i borrow the car keys?

Congrats on Jack. Little ones are always fun. Hows the CCIE coming along? I just got my CCNA and my CCNA Voice. Great work on the car also. :)

I actually passed my CCIE Voice back in November of 2012 and will be working on my CCIE R&S this year.

I understand where your coming from. Other than I had done plenty of welding, but all structural. My opinion is go for it. Just be patient with yourself and spend some time reading, and taking advice from those in the know. My situation came to be because those that I had done for did not come through for me, so I said screw it, if they can do it so can I. Now since starting my project umpteen years ago, And within the last year had decided to just jump in and do it. I have always been comfortable with the drivetrains, but had never even attempted body work. But now I have done more in the way of body work, fabrication, and straightening of frame and structural panels, than many of them have ever done. They now ask me how I would approach things, on their new projects and it makes me feel darn good. Now they have to figure it out like I did... blindly..., but at least I can say every single part of my cars resto rebuild I did my self. Still have things to muddle threw yet, like interior, but that too I will figure out.
I must say this project has given me a peaceful patience that I had never had, and the drive to learn even more. I hope your project will give you the satisfaction that mine has given to me. GOOD LUCK and ENJOY IT!

Looks like just about every other project I have started. 3 1/2 years on the one I am working on and it is almost ready to start. 64 Plymouth 4 door. It was a gift.

Auto Transport Service
Back