• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 GTX....The T stands for tetanus

I got another nagging issue behind me...the brakes. The pedal would feel inconsistent sometimes hard, sometimes mushy and I would get a very low pedal that went away occasionally. I sent Cass an email and he sent me a new master cylinder to try out (awesome service!!!)

So I got the replacement mc installed and it made a world of difference. Very consistent pedal now. Very happy with it.

And another brake related issue was pedal return. It never would go all the way up, with the old mc and new mc. Which was very annoying as I was always worried about the brakes dragging or break lights staying on. . Being as it is not a stock replacement mc the internal spring may not be heavy enough. So I simply added a return spring and the problem disappeared. Full reset to the top every time with very little added resistance.

Nice, another item off the list. What was the difference in the mc.

Nice, another item off the list. What was the difference in the mc.

It would have been something internal is my guess, maybe a bad seal. I didn't take it apart to see, I'll let Cass look at it. He actually builds them himself, sleeves the bore to 15/16". But it is night and day, driving home they were perfect. I may crack the bleeders today to get any more residual air out of the system that migrated to the calipers and cylinders to be sure.

I just checked the bleeders, no air.

And here is my return spring setup if anyone is interested. The strap around the pedal is made from 16 ga steel with shrink wrap. The steering column mount is a bolt, spacer, tightened with a nut below. Spring is from Tractor Supply. Only mod is a hole drilled in the column bracket for the bolt. Works perfectly!
20181017_102710.jpg
20181017_103112.jpg

Here's another shot. I had them made on reflective laminate like the originals. I have more sets for anyone else interested.
20181019_130720.jpg

Love the color combo with the black hood and rims, pretty darn sharp! Nice job:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back