• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Plymouth air grabber duct work

carterafb

Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
How many variations of the air boxes were there in 69. I think the air boxes may have possibly gone through a design change mid year I have one passenger air box that has three large slotted side vents while the majority of the boxes I have contain 2 square hole vents. I have part #s of 2949156, 2949157, 2998450 and 2998451 part # on two different styles.

IMG_1826.JPG IMG_1824.JPG IMG_1828.JPG

3 slots and one long flap was the early builds and the 2 hole and separate small flaps was later in the model year TTBOMK. I have a box here that the passenger side is one flap and the drivers is two, just not sure if it came off an original car that way or someone pieced a unit together.

3 slots and one long flap was the early builds and the 2 hole and separate small flaps was later in the model year TTBOMK. I have a box here that the passenger side is one flap and the drivers is two, just not sure if it came off an original car that way or someone pieced a unit together.
Any idea when the change took affect and why.

No idea, but most of these hairball things happened over Christmas shutdown with the change effective Jan 1st..

Auto Transport Service
Back