• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 plymouth gtx 540 b1 "for sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrplymouth

Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1969 FACTORY 440 PLYMOUTH GTX,727 AUTO, DANA 60 CAR. This car is extremely clean,lazor straight factory colour F3 frost green with dark green interior. I have spent 3 years making this car the best I know how to and I have spared NO EXPENSE on ANYTHING.EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW !!!

The paint and body is beautiful,everything works and is fuctional.
Brand new 540 inch B1/BS motor,new mopar mega block 4.500 bore all machine work was done including bronze bushed lifter bores,Lunati 4.250 stroke steel billet crankshaft,new oliver steel billet connecting rods,ARP-WSB rod bolts, Diamond 13.3:1 flat top pistons,tool steel wrist pins,hellfire rings,cleveite 77 race bearings,Milodon dual line oil system and pump,B1/BS heads, complete port work done at Koffels,brand new stainless Manley valves,2.200 intake and 1.810 Exhaust,Erson valve springs good to 750"lift, T&D Roller rocker shafts,new guides,retainers lash caps, custome Comp Cams camshaft from Koffels,690"lift,310 degrees duration @50,Team G intake,new 1150 Dominator.

New fully rollerized 727 trans with 2.74 first gear, steel billet front drum,kevlar bands and race clutches,new Dynamic 9" 4500 converter. Car has brand new wilwood front disc's,comp engineering 90/10 drag shocks,(factory discs come with car)All new brake lines, ball joints and wheel bearings. Rear brakes are NEW factory 11" drums,complete!! Dana 60 has new 4:10 gears and posi unit,including all bearings and seals. Rear suspension is a ladder bar with leaf springs and comp engineering drag shocks.

Frame is tied,MSD Ignition,new Magna fuel pro 500 pump and Regulater,complete fuel system with -10 line,car does have fuel cell in trunk. I HAVE NO INTEREST IN ANY TRADES.....$40,000.00

Attachments

• MOPARFEST 024small.jpg
    MOPARFEST 024small.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 5,871
  • MOPARFEST 009small.jpg
    MOPARFEST 009small.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 7,725
  • MOPARFEST 008small.jpg
    MOPARFEST 008small.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 4,017
  • MOPARFEST 011small.jpg
    MOPARFEST 011small.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 3,992
  • 69-GTX-NOV-10-DONE 009small.jpg
    69-GTX-NOV-10-DONE 009small.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 3,700
Would this car be any more appealing to anyone if I put a brand new 440CI street motor in it ??? So it would be more streetable ??

Or anyone want it minus the Engine ??? Sell it as a roller ???

The car is SUPER clean, even has the Fender tag on it.

Did you build it or buy it.
The option of a streetable 440 might be a selling point depending on the price.
Looks like it needs a few more parts to be streetable.
Just my 2 cents.

Did you build it or buy it.
The option of a streetable 440 might be a selling point depending on the price.
Looks like it needs a few more parts to be streetable.
Just my 2 cents.

If your refering to the engine, I will build it for the buyer......Whatelse other then the 5 Gallon cell should be required to make it fully streetable ??

Do you have a video of the car running by chance. What are you 1/4 times?

I'm thinking the 4500 stall makes it less than streetable?

What octane are you running?

Do you have a video of the car running by chance. What are you 1/4 times?

I'm thinking the 4500 stall makes it less than streetable?

What octane are you running?

I do not have a video of the car, I can get a Computer friend to do that for me.....car has not been to track with this new Engine yet.......need to build a driveshaft before we try that.....I feel if it hooks up it will twist this one in about 3 pieces.......the 4500 converter is actually very streetable, its a 9.5 inch and its tight, it will flash 4800, but doesnt slip if you just drive it easy on the street.......

At the present time, I'm running the car on Alcohol, but it loves E-85, or C12, so it wants to see around 105-108 Octane.

very nice car, and a very reasonable price i think, keep at it, try ebay also. i bought a 68 charger here in australia that had a stock 440 that needed rebuild very base model car for $47000 which was a good price here so you can try overseas as well.

good luck

It is a gorgeous car! Is that first pic taken at Moparfest? I think you'll get your price for it but being in Toronto it's going to take some time.

Good Luck!

So, how much w/ out drivetrain? I'd want the Dana, but no motor or trans. Thanks

So, how much w/ out drivetrain? I'd want the Dana, but no motor or trans. Thanks

You would get the car TOTALLY COMPLETE, meaning, exhaust, headders, radiator, all electronics, driveshaft...everything, All I would do would be pull Engine out and transmission out.......$29,000.00 AS A ROLLER.

i normally don't like green cars but that one is just bad ***. ever run it down the quarter with the 540?

i normally don't like green cars but that one is just bad ***. ever run it down the quarter with the 540?

Thanks !!!! No it hasn't been down the track with this motor, it went 10:44 @134 MPH with the old 500" in it.........blowing the tires off of it through first gear..........with a GOOD tire I think this motor should go 10:20 ish and probably about the same MPH.

You asked a while back about if making the car streetable would make it more attractive.....besides the fuel cell, here in NY those cold cruise nights are helped with heat....wipers would be nice just in case you take it on a trip and get caught in the rain.

Just my $.02

It is badass, don't get me wrong, but for someone who wants to enjoy it these items would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back