• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner facelift

Where you moving too??

not far, just far enough to where we won't have to put up with some neighbors that have made the past 3 years of our life a living hell.

I'll be starting all over again with no shop. So, I may be out of business restoration/fabrication wise for a while. I'll need to build a new shop and I won't be able to do so right away. But the new place (if it works out) has a 3 car attached garage so the road runner will have a good parking spot 365 days a year. And we will be happy at home again which seems like a pipe dream... We just can't wait.

Sucks that I have to start over shop wise but it will be worth it.

not far, just far enough to where we won't have to put up with some neighbors that have made the past 3 years of our life a living hell.

I feel yor pain. makes you want to buy a thousands acers and put the house right in the middle.

Car looks great, good luck with your move. I live in the country and wouldn't have it any other way, pee in my front yard, shoot guns whenever I want, lay rubber whenever I want and pile as much junk up as I want "ah life is good". Enjoy

Yeah we're in the country too, but we are 10 and 5 acre lots all bunched tightly. Neighbor cuts the exhaust off of everything he owns that has a spark plug, figures out how to make it run as poorly as possible, then spends at least 16 hours of each day revving engines to the point of floating the valves, no mufflers on anything they own, shooting guns less that 100 ft from my house, blowing chit up, insanely loud "music" which is usually shock value rap "music" which seems to celebrate the decimation, rape and torture of anything female.... we're talking over the top beyond vulgar, beyond offensive. This can be 3AM, 3PM... Noon, what ever, there is no escaping is. Stand at the edge of my property and scream obscenities and various threats at my family from his yard while shooting, shooting where? I don't know. But I'm simply done with it all. Even if the people reversed their ways today it wouldn't change what has been said and what has been done over the past 3 or more years. They can have their insanity, bask in it, roll around in it, shoot each other, scream at each other, blow chit up and wreck everything they can get their hands on as loudly as possible. They can have all that crazy chit, I'm gonna be somewhere else away from it all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a country boy and I do all the things you mentioned, pee out in the yard, shoot guns, lay a patch of rubber now & then. At a normal frequency, these people are just indescribable.

Full blown crazy.

Some folks are just a little wild, these folks are simply focused on making your life bad.

Wow, that sounds really bad "screaming at the family would definetly be a no no". I could never stand the rap either, bitch's and hoes "what a way to talk about women". I feel for ya, I have a drunk for a neighbor but he drinks and leaves everyone alone "he's a good guy". His son on the other hand sounds allot like that, no exhaust, screaming up and down my driveway throwing gravel everywhere and making an *** of himself but he's long gone and everything is well now. Hope it works out for you.

I could never stand the rap either, bitch's and hoes "what a way to talk about women".

You have no idea, "******* and hoes" would be very mild, these lyrics are a very detailed description of rape and forced sodomy, just a general celebration of criminally savage actions that boil a decent man's blood.

What kind of people are these guys, gangsters, druggies, welfare bums, or just young idiots. Find yourself a good old redneck neighborhood "end of problem".

Doesn't matter, I've rambled enough about that bull crap. Soon we hope to have it all behind us. The car runs and drives great, we are having a lot of fun with it. This week I may tinker with the air grabber stuff, strip and repaint the valve covers and air cleaner.

Sh*tty to hear Dave...Folks like that will get their's in the end. What comes around goes around. Hopefully the transition to the new place goes well and you end up sitting better off anyways. Great to here you're out and about enjoying your bird with the fam. Good stuff!

Yeah we're in the country too, but we are 10 and 5 acre lots all bunched tightly. Neighbor cuts the exhaust off of everything he owns that has a spark plug, figures out how to make it run as poorly as possible, then spends at least 16 hours of each day revving engines to the point of floating the valves, no mufflers on anything they own, shooting guns less that 100 ft from my house, blowing chit up, insanely loud "music" which is usually shock value rap "music" which seems to celebrate the decimation, rape and torture of anything female.... we're talking over the top beyond vulgar, beyond offensive. This can be 3AM, 3PM... Noon, what ever, there is no escaping is. Stand at the edge of my property and scream obscenities and various threats at my family from his yard while shooting, shooting where? I don't know. But I'm simply done with it all. Even if the people reversed their ways today it wouldn't change what has been said and what has been done over the past 3 or more years. They can have their insanity, bask in it, roll around in it, shoot each other, scream at each other, blow chit up and wreck everything they can get their hands on as loudly as possible. They can have all that crazy chit, I'm gonna be somewhere else away from it all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a country boy and I do all the things you mentioned, pee out in the yard, shoot guns, lay a patch of rubber now & then. At a normal frequency, these people are just indescribable.

Full blown crazy.

Some folks are just a little wild, these folks are simply focused on making your life bad.

Sounds like nightmare neighbors is an understatement Dave. Hope you don't have a problem selling the house because of them.

Yeah, some peoples only mission in life is to be a pain in evryone elses ***!

We took the road runner on it's first long drive away from home, about a 170 mile run one way. My suregrip makes some terrible noises when it's warm. I mean terrible.

Previously we could hear the rear end when turning corners while the rear axle was not "loaded" by the drive shaft. Sort of a whirring noise. When she's hot and you turn a corner it growls and just sounds like hell. I suppose my sure grip is shot huh?

We took the road runner on it's first long drive away from home, about a 170 mile run one way. My suregrip makes some terrible noises when it's warm. I mean terrible.

Previously we could hear the rear end when turning corners while the rear axle was not "loaded" by the drive shaft. Sort of a whirring noise. When she's hot and you turn a corner it growls and just sounds like hell. I suppose my sure grip is shot huh?

Is there lube in it? ha ha ha

yeah, I removed the fill plug and oil ran out, seemed thin and black, but it was also hot so maybe that's why it seemed thin. I will try changing it before I totally give up and tear it apart I guess.

I believe Chrysler used an Auburn limited slip in their rear ends. This is a cone style limited slip that relies on spring pressure and friction to lock the rear axles. If you're hearing a growling noise when turning, it's probably the cones chattering. So either the springs are worn out or the cones are. Not that it matters because it's still a rebuild. Drain the fluid and look for metal shavings.

I believe Chrysler used an Auburn limited slip in their rear ends. This is a cone style limited slip that relies on spring pressure and friction to lock the rear axles. If you're hearing a growling noise when turning, it's probably the cones chattering. So either the springs are worn out or the cones are. Not that it matters because it's still a rebuild. Drain the fluid and look for metal shavings.

Only the 489 case used the cone type,Daves car if still original i think should have a 742 case which is a clutch type.

Auto Transport Service
Back